“Surprisingly good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Popular restaurant; not much in the way of atmosphere. Filet was excellent. Cooked perfectly; good flavor. Limited wine selections. Very nice staff.

There are newer reviews for The Station

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had dinner here for our first night in Americus. I'm not sure why they have rave reviews. I ordered shrimp which was suppose to be tiger shrimp but more like medium stuffed with crab filling. The shrimp was broiled to long which made them rubbery. However, my husband ordered the T-bone steak which was delicious. Just was disappointed in the decor. Not a fine dining restaurant.... I would probably not dine here again. The Windsor hotel has a fabulous restaurant which is where we stayed.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I had the special. It was a salad with blackened tuna. It was perfect. I also ordered a twice baked potato which was good too. The wait staff was super friendly. Can't say enough good things about this place.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I don't order filets very often because of the price, but I decided to splurge the last time I ate at The Station. It was absolutely perfect: so dark outside I thought it had to be over cooked, but inside was a perfectly cooked medium, juicy, tender steak. I had a side salad and twice baked potato to go with it. Dinner also included a nice loaf of bread. My sister loved the Seaboard Chicken and her husband really enjoyed the pork medallions. Overall, a very good dining experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Never been there for dinner, but it's a great place to go for a lunch meeting. Menu has a good variety of options and price points, and the atmosphere is quiet enough to have a private conversation.