“Coming back for seconds!”
Review of Granny's Kitchen

Granny's Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Americus
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We had such a good time back in March that we decided to revisit Granny's Kitchen. Again we enjoyed the food. They were out of fresh okra and tomatoes, As it was out of season, but I enjoyed the fried chicken, which was not too greasy. I also tried the lace bread, which was too greasy for my taste, but my husband scarfed it up.
Service was efficient. We will put it down as one of our South Georgia raves.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Tiny cafe, filled with locals. Typed menu on a piece of paper with hand-written additions/corrections. Small and basic selection but quaint. Must try 'lace' cornbread, and the banana pudding is delicious.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We went for breakfast and it was delicious. Bacon, eggs, grits and coffee all served with southern charm. Granny's husband came over to welcome us-he knew it was our first time there and we had a wonderful conversation. True hospitality.

2  Thank lmgfitness
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Food was ok,nothing to brag about.The restaurant owner and his friends were setting at a table talking terrible things about some local people.Loud enough for everyone to hear.Not what I want to hear when eating.Wonder what he said about us after we left.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

We had a great lunch and then some. Ihad a bbq beef sandwich from the typed daily specials with a side of cooked okra and tomatoes. My husband and I fought over it so badly, we ordered a second round! Right sized portions gave you just enough. The homemade bannana pudding with vanilla wafers and meringue, along with an icebox Lemon pie were to die for. No wonder the parking lot was full!

1  Thank steelpanwoman

Been to Granny's Kitchen? Share your experiences!