“first time in ameraus”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Americus
alabaster, United States
“first time in ameraus”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

desk help was great. she gave us directions to a great rest. they were helpful with me in getting my air cond. sent up the correct way. location was close to my job and room rates were great. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

rahul1311, Manager at Hampton Inn Americus, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,
It was a total delight to receive such a great feedback from you. Thank you for the kind words mentioned about hotel staff and their services. We really appreciate your great comments and business and look forward to serve again with same Southern Hospitality!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Monroe, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I think that the hotel and staff was very nice. I had dealt with the staff prior to our arrival several times and they were always very helpful. The hotel room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed that we had wifi accessibility in our room. The hot bar was very well stocked with hot and cold items and my family went away full. Having a hot bar is definitely a selling point for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind and motivating words said in your survey for recent stay at Hampton Inn Americus. The entire hotel management and team is thrilled to learn your experience. Your comments are very valuable to us. We appreciate your loyalty into Hilton Brand of hotels and look forward to serve again when visiting Americus.
Fort Myers, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We so enjoyed our stay at Americus Georgia Hampton Inn. The lobby had been just renovated, and was beautiful. The room was clean, and those beds, OMG so comfortable. Our room was QUIET. The morning breakfast was SUPERB !!! Waffles, pancakes, muffins, sausage, OJ, coffee, cereal, fruit...more than we expected...We will be back...Staff were very polite, and professional....I HIGHLY recommend this hotel...if you want a RESTFUL, QUIET stay.....with a wonderful breakfast...this is the hotel for you !!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

rahul1311, Manager at Hampton Inn Americus, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking time in filling out this survey when recently staying at Hampton Inn Americus. We are thrilled to learn that you had thoroughly enjoyed our product and Southern Hospitality. Your feedback has been shared by every of our team members. We appreciate your loyalty into Hilton Group of Hotels and look forward to serve again with the same smile:)
DeFuniak Springs, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

As an experienced traveler I have found you get what you pay for in a hotel. If you pay $75 for a room, I expect an average stay, clean and comfortable. If I pay $110 (of course I consider the hotel market of the area, so this is just generalizing) I expect better quality, service and amenities; in other words, above average (a 6.5 vs. a 5 out of 10, for those that enjoy numbers). I also consider the hotel chains reputation, i.e., Ritz Carleton (which I once had a disappointing stay) vs. the Cactus Brier Inn (this is intended to be a fictitious representation, so if this is actually a hotel or motel, I am not writing about your business specifically, as I have stayed in very nice Hotels and Motels that were quaint, non-chain hotels and I am sure yours would be one I would enjoy) and adjust my expectations accordingly.

I have a base line that I expect of all hotels no matter what I pay and its pedigree; well maintained, clean and comfortable and of course safe. Not much to ask; if it's broke, fix it; get all the hairs out of the tub and sink; have good quality clean linens, bedding and towels; vacuum the floor, have a decent TV - FYI, analogue TVs are out!; and if you have a free breakfast, (which now seems to be the norm these days, why I do not know? - and I do not choose a hotel because of the free breakfast, although I understand this may be important for a family six,) make it simple, fresh and eatable - powdered eggs and mystery meat do not count (I'd rather pay for breakfast if it's going to be gross!).

So I hope my preceeding diatribe establishes I have reasonable expectations and that I do not have delusions of grandeur. I just expect the owners and employees to take pride in their establishment.

After considering several hotels, the upscale historic Windsor for one, I decided on the Hampton Inn in Americus, GA. Since I was making a flash stop for a meeting in Plains to meet President Carter, (name dropping I know - sorry) I decided to forgo the luxury and have nice, which I have come to expect from the Hilton family chain of hotels. The hotel even proudly displayed they were "Trip Adviser recommended", thus the "False Advertising banner".

The front desk personnel were very polite and efficient. We quickly checked in and were off to our room (my significant other and sister were all roomies on this trip). Anticipating getting in to relax, as it was already late, we arrived at the entrance to our room and the door was ajar and the safety latch was broken and hanging outside the door. Of course I returned to the front desk and inquired about the issue as well as asked for another room since I anticipated it had been occupied. I was assured it was cleaned and fresh and the door was open for maintenance to repair prior to our arrival. I would think by 8:30PM they had a chance to get to it. There were no other rooms available so I warily returned to the room, which in deed had been cleaned and was ready for new guest.

On first impression, it appeared to meet my minimum expectations, clean linen, flat screen TV, no apparent dirt or grime on the floor or tub/sink. OK, other than the broken safety latch (oh yea, that safety thing) good to go. Now tired eyes do not make the best discernments so the less obvious deficiencies did not become clear until the morning.

Briefly, the room was in ill repair, the vanity stand was scared and weary, the desk and furniture were worn, and the "hot breakfast" was, hmmm, awful and gross. Now, I am not blaming the messenger, as the staff are no better than their leadership, so I wonder, who is steering the ship?

So, I recommend the Windsor in Americus. Avoid the Hampton Inn. Spend the extra $100 and have a luxurious stay. Many of my friends that were attending the same weekend event spent severak days there and had an excellent stay.

And just by-and-by, the Travel Advisor recommendation? It was for 2011, probably when the hotel was new? Isn't that a little deceiving and false advertisement or is it just me?

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. The Windsor is very nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the response. I would like to take this opportunity and apologise for all of your concerns. Your comments have been taken very seriously by every of our team member. We ensure to serve better side side of our product and service when visiting Americus in near future. Again please accept our sincere apologies.
Durham, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The appearance of the grounds, and the entrance of the hotel met my expectations of the Hampton Inn Label. However, from the point of check in my dissappointment rose. I was registered for a room rate that I was not quoted at the time my reservation was made. I made the desk clerk aware of the rate I was quoted and she made the adjustment. The sleeping room was not cleaned; floors were not vacuumed, furniture was not dusted, and the room had an overall bad odor. I placed a call to the front desk, and requested that someone come and clean the room. A housekeeper arrived to hurriedly complete the task that is normally completed prior to check in for a new guest. The housekeeper proceeded to vacuum; however the vacuum cleaner was inoperable. The housekeeper, complained that, "management was to cheap to purchase new vacuums, and this one is not picking up". The housekeeper left the room to find another vacuum cleaner that did not perform much better. I asked for the furniture to be dusted, and I was handed a rag, and a spary bottle of cleaner to perfect the job myself. I asked for a manager and was told that management was not available, nor would they be available until the following business day. Day two: The housekeeper did not change the linens, nor empty the trash. At this point we requested that someone locate management so we could speak to them immediately. Management was made aware of the conditions; agreed to address them as soon as the staff arrived for work the following morning. Day three: upon check out we noticed that a complimentary discount had not been offered. We were charged the full amount for a three day stay. We made a request for the advertised 100% guarantee. We were given a discount of one nights stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for sharing the feedback when recently staying at Hampton Inn Americus. Your comments are very important for us in order to make our place a better place. My entire team at hotel is sincerely apologetic for your experience. I do remember of personally conversating with you and learning your stay experience. My team has taken your message as a great observation and ensure not to recur again. You have been staying at our facility since 2005 and we expect another opportunity to be given again.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Everything was perfect. I really appreciated the wifi and great breakfast each day. I also appreciated knowing that they wash the top bed spread. There was nothing that I felt was missing and the room was very nice. The flat screen TV was also a great way to unwind after a day in at the air field. Great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

rahul1311, General Manager at Hampton Inn Americus, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time in filling out this survey for recent stay at Hampton Inn Americus. We are excited to hear that you had thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our product and Southern Hospitality. We appreciate your loyalty into Hilton brand of hotels and look forward to serve again in near future with same smile:)
Brunswick, Ga, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. We were there with a group of friends attending a Silhouette Shooting Match. Having a breakfast in the morning was very nice. baked cookies were a nice touch in the lobby in the early evening.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GA Shooters,
Thank you for such a great response when recently stayed at our facility. We are glad to learn that everything went to your expectation when staying at any Hampton Inns. Your comments are very valuable to us. They are shared with every team members to make our place a better place. We appreciate your loyalty into Hilton brand of hotels and look forward to serve again in near future. Go GA Shooters!!:)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Montezuma
The Jewell of Vienna B&B

Been to Hampton Inn Americus? Share your experiences!