“***Warning don't stay here...Filthy, Nasty and disgusting***”

Knights Inn Americus
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Americus
South Carolina
“***Warning don't stay here...Filthy, Nasty and disgusting***”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

My girlfriend planned this trip because of my recent graduation. The pictures on the website are very deceiving. This place is a dump. Upon checking in I notice a sign on the counter that read.
1. No loud music. 2. Don't steal from the rooms. 3. No illegal activity permitted on the premises. etc... My first thought was this, if these common sense rules has to be stated then this place is not for me. Upon entering the room I notice a group of guy's outside my room drinking and playing their music very loud...no shirts on and using profanity. If I wasn't going to my room and if I were to see them on the streets I would turn the other way. Upon entering the room it reaked with a strong moldy smell. Immediately I felt I needed to shower. Entering the bathroom was an experienced within itself. The bathroom was very cramped and unclean. The shower curtain needed to be changed because it was filthy and towels were very limited. My girlfriend checked the sheets to ensure they were clean because of the filth of everything else. All night long people outside of the door were hooping, hollering and cussing each other. Sounded like domestic violence was being committed right outside of our door. After bearing it through the night I was awaken by at least 5 cop cars in the parking lot holding drug dealer types at bay. Needless to say we ran out of there not looking back at all.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FirstShirt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2008

We had just stayed at a Days Inn in Savannah, Tennessee, and decided to book one night in Americus. What a mistake! There are cracks around the door jam - no telling what vermin can get in. The bathtub is filthy. No bags in the trash cans - no cover over the styrofoam coffee cups. No way I'm using those. The place stinks. The walls are marked up. We need to get through this night and will get out of here at daybreak, if not before.

• Liked — good internet service
  • Disliked — smell
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mockingbird54
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2007

I was there for three days, two nights. It was a dump!There were no trash bags in the trash cans. Towels/washcloths were limited,had to go to Wal-Mart to buy my own. The shower curtain was stained with mold, the inside of the tub looked as though the NASCAR race had just taken place, the bathroom reaped of urine, no iron in the room (you had to go to the front desk to borrow the ONLY iron that everybody had to share). The outside was well-kept, but the inside was a joke, I mean literally. After driving six and a half hours to get there I was tired not to mention disgusted. Temperature was like a 112 degrees. Had I canceled the reservations without a 24 hour notice, I still would've had to pay for a one-night's stay, so I said what the hell I midas well make the best of it, but I was gonna make damn sure that I let everybody in the world know about this particular Day Inn. But let me tell you, first thing Sunady morning; I checked out of there so fast you 'd probably thought that JASON was in my room with me the night before.

• Liked — There was a microwave and refigerator.
  • Disliked — It was a dump!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank dowdell2
Lancashire England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2007

We stayed the night in May 2007 the room was clean and comfy and we got a good nights sleep.
We had a ok breakfast (nothing hot apart from the coffee) but it got us started for the day.
The owner and his daughter were very helpful as we were real out of towners and they were really nice and even lent us a bottle opener to have a couple of beers.
The hotel is not brilliant, but not bad either (certainly not as bad an experience as the other person)
We felt we got value for money

• Liked — Price and the owner and daughter
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LesPne
Jackson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2006

This motel was a filthy, nasty falling down dump. I cut my vacation short and got out of there as quickly as I got in. I have a lot of experience with roadside motels and have never, ever been exposed to such filthiness. I told the manager that I thought I must have picked the drug addicts local hangout and he actually admitted to me that this location did not attract the most desireable clientele and that they did have a major problem with drug users camping out there. I knew it, I could tell by the condition and the smell and I believed him because only a crackhead would be able to stay in such a dirty, trashy environment. There were dangerous electrical problems, showers that don't shower and tubs that don't drain all squished into a teeny tiny bathroom that was no cleaner than a public roadside toilet. There was a musty, mildewy smell with a dirty refrigerator and a filthy dirty a/c unit. I turned two white pair of socks black, black, black in a matter of two hours of being inside the room. This dump needs to be shut down. I told my husband, who was staying at hunting camp 10 miles away that if I stayed there too long I would probably come home with something more than just an allergy attack (crabs perhaps). That's when we decided that cancelling the reservations would be the best idea. We did get a refund, but it was only because I threatened to call the health department, the fire department, the building inspection office, the code enforcement office and the Chamber of Commerce. This experience was a stressful nightmare and I would not recommend this motel to my worst enemy. The pictures on the web are very misleading. I was put in two different rooms and offered to move into a third room, but I declined and asked them why they didn't put me in a nice room to begin with and when I got no plausible answer I packed my car and left instead.

Unless you are a dirty, filthy drug user, this place will not be acceptable to you! STAY AWAY!!!

• Liked — Nothing, the place was a dirty dump!
  • Disliked — Everything, it was so filthy it was creepy.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Away!!
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank JunkLady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Hotel Americus
Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Montezuma

Been to Knights Inn Americus? Share your experiences!