“Don't stay there”

Knights Inn Americus
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Americus
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Stayed there two nights to visit Andersonville POW site.When I got to my room the first I needed was coffee.The first coffee maker didn't work,went to the office the managers daughter gave me another one,the 2nd and 3rd didn't work,I was verry upset.I got in my truck and found a place to get some coffee.Got back to my room to relaxe to drink me coffee and watch some TV.I was sitting on the bed and I saw alot of cockroches on my bed,on the night tabel and a few on the floor.Now I was really upset.Then I drove to a store and bought a can of cockroche spray.I took my matchress off of the bed and sprayed the bed and around it.I put the sheets , blanket in a corner and sprayed it.I field out one of those cards that they always leave in motels.I went to the office ,gave it to the girl and ask the girl to call her father to get in touch with me ASAP,he never did.I slept on the bare matchress,no pillows.Now the girl was very,very nice.She was a foriegner,I think from India.I'm sure they are used to living in filth but Americans are not.So my advice don't stay at a motel that is owned by a foriegner.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank tommy2803

Reviewed 25 November 2008

We were going cross country seeing different sites and this hotel was one that was close to the Andersonville Civil War prison site.

We stayed here because the name was familiar despite it being a branch. The pool had been shut down by the health department and it was still half full of green algae and other nasty looking stufff.

The carpet was so dirty, anything that touched it turned black. There were bugs in the room that I couldn't identify. It was getting dark and me and my family (two small kids had no other place to go). Once it got around 10pm, the parking lot turned into gang banger central with drinking and shouting going on until about 5 am. At one point, some guy pulls his pants down and urinates in front of the hotel room. The only thing that comforted me was a gun I had brought for protection. I did not sleept at all that night. We fought with the owners over a refund. They gave us some 800 number and we complained with them, and were promised a refund. It never came.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelingfamily028
jayjani, Manager at Knights Inn Americus, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2009

We apologize for taking so long to respond to your comments. We are just learning about Trip Advisor and wanted to address your concerns.

We are very appreciative that you chose our brand to stay with while visiting Americus. We are also very sorry that your experience wasn't satisfactory.

Since purchasing the property, our pool has been a serious challenge and after spending thousands of dollars, we are confident that our pool is in good working order and our guests enjoy it every day. I am also CPO certified and care for the pool myself.

We have an active carpet cleaning process as well as pest control procedures to prevent this type of occurence in the future.

As far as the gang bangers, we have tight controls on what goes on at all times on the property. This isn't to say that we couldn't miss something now and then but I think we do a pretty good job when a guest brings something like this to our attention.

As far your refund, if you would like to give us a call, we would be wiling to discuss this situation further.

Thank you very much and we hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Jay

Reviewed 16 June 2008

My girlfriend planned this trip because of my recent graduation. The pictures on the website are very deceiving. This place is a dump. Upon checking in I notice a sign on the counter that read.
1. No loud music. 2. Don't steal from the rooms. 3. No illegal activity permitted on the premises. etc... My first thought was this, if these common sense rules has to be stated then this place is not for me. Upon entering the room I notice a group of guy's outside my room drinking and playing their music very loud...no shirts on and using profanity. If I wasn't going to my room and if I were to see them on the streets I would turn the other way. Upon entering the room it reaked with a strong moldy smell. Immediately I felt I needed to shower. Entering the bathroom was an experienced within itself. The bathroom was very cramped and unclean. The shower curtain needed to be changed because it was filthy and towels were very limited. My girlfriend checked the sheets to ensure they were clean because of the filth of everything else. All night long people outside of the door were hooping, hollering and cussing each other. Sounded like domestic violence was being committed right outside of our door. After bearing it through the night I was awaken by at least 5 cop cars in the parking lot holding drug dealer types at bay. Needless to say we ran out of there not looking back at all.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FirstShirt
Reviewed 5 May 2008

We had just stayed at a Days Inn in Savannah, Tennessee, and decided to book one night in Americus. What a mistake! There are cracks around the door jam - no telling what vermin can get in. The bathtub is filthy. No bags in the trash cans - no cover over the styrofoam coffee cups. No way I'm using those. The place stinks. The walls are marked up. We need to get through this night and will get out of here at daybreak, if not before.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mockingbird54
Reviewed 13 August 2007

I was there for three days, two nights. It was a dump!There were no trash bags in the trash cans. Towels/washcloths were limited,had to go to Wal-Mart to buy my own. The shower curtain was stained with mold, the inside of the tub looked as though the NASCAR race had just taken place, the bathroom reaped of urine, no iron in the room (you had to go to the front desk to borrow the ONLY iron that everybody had to share). The outside was well-kept, but the inside was a joke, I mean literally. After driving six and a half hours to get there I was tired not to mention disgusted. Temperature was like a 112 degrees. Had I canceled the reservations without a 24 hour notice, I still would've had to pay for a one-night's stay, so I said what the hell I midas well make the best of it, but I was gonna make damn sure that I let everybody in the world know about this particular Day Inn. But let me tell you, first thing Sunady morning; I checked out of there so fast you 'd probably thought that JASON was in my room with me the night before.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank dowdell2
Reviewed 5 June 2007

We stayed the night in May 2007 the room was clean and comfy and we got a good nights sleep.
We had a ok breakfast (nothing hot apart from the coffee) but it got us started for the day.
The owner and his daughter were very helpful as we were real out of towners and they were really nice and even lent us a bottle opener to have a couple of beers.
The hotel is not brilliant, but not bad either (certainly not as bad an experience as the other person)
We felt we got value for money

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LesPne
Reviewed 31 December 2006

This motel was a filthy, nasty falling down dump. I cut my vacation short and got out of there as quickly as I got in. I have a lot of experience with roadside motels and have never, ever been exposed to such filthiness. I told the manager that I thought I must have picked the drug addicts local hangout and he actually admitted to me that this location did not attract the most desireable clientele and that they did have a major problem with drug users camping out there. I knew it, I could tell by the condition and the smell and I believed him because only a crackhead would be able to stay in such a dirty, trashy environment. There were dangerous electrical problems, showers that don't shower and tubs that don't drain all squished into a teeny tiny bathroom that was no cleaner than a public roadside toilet. There was a musty, mildewy smell with a dirty refrigerator and a filthy dirty a/c unit. I turned two white pair of socks black, black, black in a matter of two hours of being inside the room. This dump needs to be shut down. I told my husband, who was staying at hunting camp 10 miles away that if I stayed there too long I would probably come home with something more than just an allergy attack (crabs perhaps). That's when we decided that cancelling the reservations would be the best idea. We did get a refund, but it was only because I threatened to call the health department, the fire department, the building inspection office, the code enforcement office and the Chamber of Commerce. This experience was a stressful nightmare and I would not recommend this motel to my worst enemy. The pictures on the web are very misleading. I was put in two different rooms and offered to move into a third room, but I declined and asked them why they didn't put me in a nice room to begin with and when I got no plausible answer I packed my car and left instead.

Unless you are a dirty, filthy drug user, this place will not be acceptable to you! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family