“Was perfect for us!”

Dos Lunas Airport Hotel
Ranked #1 of 59 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2013

They picked us up from the airport from a late evening flight and took us to the hotel (just 2 or 3 minutes away). We were barely in time to order a late evening dinner, which was also delicious. The room was clean and neat and we shared a bathroom with 2 other rooms. After a good night's sleep, we enjoyed a good, Guatemalan breakfast (free) with other clients from around the world, entertained by Lorena's husband (can't remember his name) who served us from the kitchen. It was all perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms are easier to negotiate if you've got a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoeBetsill

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I recently had to pass through Guatemala City - my flight arrived in the early morning, but I couldn't catch my shuttle until almost midday.
Dos Lunas was perfect for getting a shower, a few hours sleep and a great breakfast.
They were really helpful.
A great place in a secure neighbourhood - perfect for the budget traveller in need of an overnight stay, or even a few hours like me.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NettieNZ
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Lorena, at dos lunas is charming, delightful, warm hearted, welcoming and helpfull. making phone calls and arranging reservations for our on ward travels to Tikal. Provides a great service for the frugul traveler. Rooms are simple, clean, effiecient.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank fallwater
Reviewed 21 January 2013

If you are flying out of Guatemala City airport, and must stay in Guatemala City the evening before, this is the perfect location. It is safe, the owners are friendly (and speak English) and the meals are relatively tasty. The room comes with free wi-fi, and the hotel will organise a free airport shuttle service for you - no matter what time your flight is.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan_Viv
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed here the night before our early flight to Nicaragua and is really was excellent. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and tidy and there was a communal lounge area for chilling or catching up on emails. We didn't want to venture out into the city so were quite happy to relax for a while. The owner made us the most amazing Italian food with fresh herbs from the garden. The next morning, as promised, Victor collected us at 3.00am and took us to the airport. Great place, ideally situated for the airport,.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yuking1234
Reviewed 5 November 2012

this dutch/guatemalian owned hostel cooperates wich spanish languague schools
they arange a save pick up service from the airport wich is quit good in a dangerous city like
guatemala city.. they have nice clean rooms
the breakfast is good and they arrange transport to busterminals in the city

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2012

For the price you can't really argue. It was my first time in Guatemala on medical mission alone, so I went through the company that knows the owner of this hotel and that I would trust to get me to and from my destinations.

Dos Lunas is secluded. Nothing is around and it is not near the city. It's more like a hostel where you share bathrooms. Although, they do have rooms with private bathrooms for additional price. Keep in mind that it's August and was raining while I was there.

Cons: damped room, damped sheets and bedding, no air conditioning, stuffy (unless you sleep with the windows open; but there are no window screen), loud when other guest are in common area you can hear their conversations, food is okay, not as clean as I hoped

Pros: price, free airport shuttle, friendly staff that speaks English well, staff may also help you order pizza or McD, breakfast was decent, and they did not charge me extra when I asked for milk in my coffee (which is additional everywhere else I visited), it's a great place to stay if you are not a picky person and just need a bed before or immediately after a flight, Victor was wonderful

After I became comfortable in Guatemala alone, on the way back I decided to splurge and stayed at a different hotel that was nice, dry, air conditioned and also provided airport shuttle for free.

Room Tip: Private bathrooms are available and worth it. The take US dollars and you should get your Quetzal a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo