“Very Helpful and Nice”

Ranked #1 of 53 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Rolling Meadows, IL
“Very Helpful and Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here for one night in March. We arrived late at about 8pm and were greeted by the owner. She was very friendly and funny. The location is awesome with it being so close to the airport. The free transportation to the airport is great (it starts at 4:30 am). It is a very safe area and the rooms are spacious and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank burger77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Banff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I had two 6am flights so I stayed here for two nights, one at the beginning and one at the end of my trip. My emails were responded to with relative quickness and the bookings were made easily. The big selling point of this place is the location close to the airport and the free and friendly Victor ride to and from. For a Guatemalan standard budget accom, I found the sheets whiter and the general cleanliness higher than usual. Lorena is a knowledgeable and brilliant host. I'd like to note that it took me 45 minutes to walk from the Zoo/Aritsan market/Archeology museum area of the city to this gated community property after I arrived early on my last day in Guatemala. Otherwise, I saw nothing else of the city. The walk was past the airport, fairly direct and enjoyable. Lorena gave me the recommendation of a 'Guatemalan upmarket' steakhouse in the artisan market which supplied me with the best yet worth it $$$ lunch I had in the country. It was called Don Emiliano's. I would stay here again if I ever had early airport requirements in Guate.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sekaitraveller
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I work with a group of 13 students and we were looking for a new place to stay for their first night of 6 months in Guatemala. Lorena was wonderful with our group and made sure that everyone was comfortable and had what they needed. She even helped us order pizza and got us a discount which saved us a lot of money. Victor, who helped us pick up the 13 people at the airport all day and night was just great. He knew what he was doing, was incredibly organized and on top of things. Hank (Lorena's husband) was also helpful, although sometimes while trying to help he made things a little more complicated than they needed to be. The breakfast was incredible and it truly was a relaxed first evening for everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here one night prior to an early flight. It's very comfortable, clean, and convenient. I ate dinner there too, which was good. My taxi driver had a hard time finding it, so be prepared with the address. I had a bedroom near the office area. There are bedrooms/dorms upstairs which might be quieter when other guests are arriving late or departing early.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Lorena is the owner of this unique little establishment which is just minutes from the airport. We stayed here at the start and end of our trip and it was just perfect. Lorena made everything so easy. She facilitated whatever we needed; airport pick ups, transports, luggage storage, you name it, she did it. Not big and fancy mind you, but clean warm and wonderful. The breakfast and dinners was great too! And I have to give a shout out to Victor who is the person who picked us up and dropped us off a few times at the airport. The nicest man alive. It is also nice to know that there is a nice safe place to lay your head in Guatemala City on your way to wherever you are going.

Anita G.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We chose this hotel as we were only in Guatamala City for the night. Victor was to pick us up but he was not there with the sign. No problem. When you exit the airport lots taxi drivers and one called Victor. Of course paid $1 tip to the taxi driver, well worth it. Victor came 10 min later.
The hotel rooms are small, clean, but in need of lots of refreshing. The beds were fine but old. Bathroom had hot water. Breakfast was small but adaquate. A good safe hotel for a quick stopover.

Room Tip: I don't think it makes a difference. A room without a bathroom would be fine as it is close and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank painnurse
Villages, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Two minutes from airport is the Dos Lunas in a gated little residential community so very safe feeling. Looks like an old huge mansion turned into dorm rooms, single and double rooms some with private bath, including breakfast hot. Free transportation either to or from airport and super super nice people. They will give you all kinds of info including how to check in at the airport and where all the restuarants are if you are leaving at 5:00am for example. No wake up service so the airport driver will come up and knock on your door.
Comfortable beds and super comfy pillows with nice comforters. Rooms and bathrooms are spotless with hot water showers. Great choice for late night arrivals or early morning departures in and out of Guatemala City. Lorena will email you quickly if she has rooms and will hold them for you without any payment up front. Paid $23.00 for single room with bathroom across the hall from my room but a private single with private bathroom was $30.00. Only found a couple other places close to airport that were cheaper on bookit but didn't check them out.

Room Tip: I didn't see dorm rooms with bunk beds but the double and single rooms upstairs were nice. There...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo