“Great hotel in a GATED COMMUNITY!”

Hotel Casa Blanca Inn
Ranked #19 of 52 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great hotel in a GATED COMMUNITY!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is a great hotel. It's 40 seconds (in a shuttle) from the hotel to the airport. People are friendly, it's clean and I LOVE the fact that it's in a protected, gated community. So that means... safety!!! It has great WIFI. The food is decent, not great, but decent, but even still, the service was great. My credit card didn't work when we paid so we ended up paying cash. But then later on, I got my credit card to work, and I went to the front desk and asked if she could give me the cash back and swipe my credit card again, and she agreed. This time my credit card went through and we got our cash back. Rooms are simple and clean. Let me just say that I slept like a HORSE at that hotel. Hot water works great For a room for 2, we paid $48. Breakfast was included. But my friend (who got a room for 1) had to leave the next morning at 4am, so they allowed her to use her 'breakfast' voucher for dinner the night we arrived (aww that was nice, right?) and she got a black bean and egg dinner which was great. The next morning, since it was too early for her to eat breakfast, she was taken to the airport at 4am in the shuttle, and everything was great. Yeah, I'll stay there again. And I hope you will too!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank misuni_verzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

My mom and I stayed at Casa Blanca Inn Hotel one week. The service is excellent, we liked that the breakfast was included for free. The menu in general it is not varied but the food tastes good. Is near by the Airport, the transportation to the Airport was also included. The rooms are clean, the only problem we had was with a dirty A/C and a missing lock of one window but they fixed it the next day.
The hotel organized us trips in Guatemala city and Antigua Guatemala with transportation and a tour guide, it was a really cool experience to learn new things about their culture.

NV

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Zürich
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed there for one night as our flight was at 7 am the next day. The staff was friendly and competent. The rooms are simple and clean. Felt safe as the hotel is a controlled / monitored area of Guatemala City. We really appreciated the free airport transport at 5.00 am in the next morning - great service. The international airport is very close and only 2 minutes by car away.
(If you are booking this hotel through booking.com be aware that the conditions mentioned under booking.com are wrong - they are not charging a 100% of your first night in advance - you have to pay a 100% at arrival - that was a bit confusing).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ricany, Czech Republic
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

If you look for the hotel close to the airport I recommend casa blanca. It is average but clean and quiet hotel where we stood after and before our flight. They have complimentary shuttle service to the airport and it takes just 5 minutes.

• Stayed March 2014
Graniteville, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The Casa Blanca Inn is near the Guatemala City International Airport. They pick you up and drop you off as a free service. The are affordable, clean, quiet, efficient, safe and cooperative. They have security guards in a gated community. They provide a complimentary continental breakfast starting at 6:00 a.m. They have an escort driver who can show you the city at a much safer and lower cost than taking taxis.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kriss008
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I usually stay at the Panamerican Hotel, but we didn't have a lot of money, so we opted to try this B&B. After reading the helpful reviews on this site, we knew that it was in a gated community and right near the airport, so we decided to stay there. We enjoyed it, the rooms were clean and spacious. Compared to many of the hotels I have stayed at in Guatemala, this was one of the less noisy regarding street/traffic noises. You could occasionally hear a visitor in the next hotel room over, but again, nothing like the usual noises from most of my hotel stays in Guatemala. I would have given it 5 stars, but the breakfast was pretty small, with the coffee cup half-way filled, and only 4 breakfast choices on the menu included with the price of the room. Nonetheless, I did like the fact that the breakfast was included in the price of the room, and the owner will give a discount if you write a review on this site. The owner and staff were very nice, and a taxi ride to the airport was also, according to the taxi driver, included in the price of the room. Overall, my husband and I had a great one night stay at Hotel Casa Blanca Inn. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 298sh
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Hotel Casa Blanca Inn is by no means a three star hotel. It is a nice, clean and cozy b and b
near the Guatemala City big airport and it is a great value as a pit stop INTO the country but
I have my doubts about OUT of the country. It is an early to bed and early to rise b and b
family type of operation. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable and this is not always
true of this type of place in Guatemala. Breakfast is included. You may see prices all over
the place but the best prices seem to be by email contact with Norma at the desk and some
Spanish is required or on the internet as with Kayak or Booking. You can arrange rides to
restaurants in the Zona Viva for extra at lunch or evenings which is a plus. This is a nice
big home in a small condo community but in a mixed used seedy industrial area. Not an
area to go for nice strolls and no restaurants in the area you would want to enjoy. When
you are coming into the country they will pick you up but be prepared for them NOT to show
at arrivals area and then you have to pay some hustler to call them and ask in Spanish where
is my ride. But they will get there in 10 to 20 minutes and late with no explanations. But free
but hands out for tips. That is really how most people in the travel industry make money in this country and best to learn that right away. But a buck or so or a fiver go a long way here to
make your travel aides happy and smiling. Free computer use at Hotel Casa Blanca Inn but no printer. No phones in the room but you can get or make a call ro two at the desk. Just the basics - it is a good and fair value as a pt stop INTO the country and maybe out of it. No more.

Room Tip: Choose Rooms 5 or 6 or 13. Avoid the second floor as there is no railing and a steep climb and lig...