“Loved it! ”
Review of Quetzalroo

Quetzalroo
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The people who work there are very friendly and helpful when it comes to find activities in the city or some place else outside the city. Clean place near a mall and a lot of restaurants and bars. Price I'd great too!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

This was my second destination at my Central America trip. I felt pretty alone and therefore it was extremely freeing to meet some young people at this hostel. The atmosphere was really nice and calm, and the area was one of the most safest in town.
I've been there for half an hour before I met William - a fantastic dude who took so good care of me, and helped me to meet new people and not at least got my journey through Guatemala and Mexico started for real. Thanks a lot to William - if you don't know where to stay in Guatemala, stay here!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Most travelers write off Guatemala City as a "dangerous city" and only pass through it as they make their way to Antigua. I shared that sentiment until I met the staff at Quetzalroo. I only planned on staying one night, but the owner, Marco, and his family and staff were so helpful and enthusiastic about assisting their guests that I ended up staying at Queztalroo for five nights. I have never stayed at a hostel where the owner and staff took an active interest in their guests stay. They cooked us meals, showed us around the city, assisted us with our travel plans, and most importantly, helped us to understand the history and culture of Guatemala. I really appreciate everything they did for me, and I strongly encourage other travelers to stay at Quezalroo. It's a great place start -- or finish -- your trip in Guatemala.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Clean, quiet, safe hotel in Guatemala City. We needed to stay the night to catch an early flight and were very happy with out choice. We reserved a private room with shared bath early that morning and they made sure to have one available for us. When we arrived, there was a delicious home cooked meal for a decent price. Pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and quietness. There were a bunch of people staying there but the way the hostel is set up lends to a fun environment in one area and a quiet sleeping area in another. It seemed to attract a good group of travelers (compared to other bad hostel experiences we had earlier in the trip). They even have complimentary shuttle pick up and drop off from bus stations or airports. 10 minutes for airport. Highly recommended. Wish we had started there so they could have helped us navigate our trip better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

When you arrive in the city you are picked up by the Quetzalroo personal driver and taken to the safe and clean family run hostel. Your greeted with a smile and made felt welcome straight away. They have a common area that feels like your living room and always have an interesting documentary or a movie playing. There are often big dinners cooked and eaten together as a family. It's the perfect place to create a home away from home. Marcos, one of the owners runs a great walking tour daily and his passion and love for his city and country is obvious which makes the tour all the more enjoyable. Will defiantly return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Im sooo glad I didn't stay here.
I arrived this weekend from Honduras and was looking for a place to stay . Found this hostel online.
After taking a cab the first thing: this place is hard to find, secondly was "welcomed by a women who said right away" hurry up i'm busy" after asking a few questions she told me: "you could have seeing that online" then I just left politely, she tried to win me back saying there are not many options in town! Just a tip for you then: i searched on the yellow pages and got a room only for me paying almost 8 dollars left.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Giovanna F
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Expectations are sometimes too high when reading reviews. The hostal was safe and clean. But the hostal atmosphere was missing with the hostel being in a residential/commercial building across several floors. While I was lucky staying in a private room that was quiet I feel for everyone in a dorm I had to pass through to get to the room. I can't compare it with other places but probably would try somewhere else the next time.

• Stayed: October 2013