“Group trip”

Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Guatemala City
Federal Way, Washington
“Group trip”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I took a group here for three days in February. They have a wonderful staff who is willing to bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. Nixon & Luis were especially helpful. I loved our rooms, except there was one in the group that seemed to have been smaller than all of the others. I think that this should be mentioned before the rooms are assigned, as we occupied 7 rooms. Other than that, I think it was a beautiful place with attention to customer service!

Room Tip: If possible, ask to see your room first.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Debev2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Virginia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at La Inmaculada on our last night in Guatemala, as we were looking for something in the Zona Viva. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were well-appointed, but they turned out not to be as comfortable as hoped. The biggest issue was that the used the super ultra soft down pillows on the beds. They always seem like a good idea, but then you end up feeling like you're sleeping with your head in a granite bowl. I really did not end up sleeping very well as a result.

The location of the hotel was decent and very quiet. It is on the edge of the Zona Viva, with a small park nearby, which was a little sketchy later at night. We walked up to the bars in the main part of the zone, and the walk felt safe enough at around 7 pm. We also chanced walking back to the hotel around 11:00 pm and that did not feel safe at all. We had to keep crossing the street because of odd or shady people around. If you're out late at night, I would definitely recommend getting a cab back through this area, even if you're only a few blocks away.

The included breakfast was good, with a selection of eggs, pastries, fruit and coffee. There are nice outdoor areas with tables to enjoy meals.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank land_shark77
Diego E, Manager at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are sorry that you didn´t find our down pillows as comfortable.
We do offer other pillow options upon request, we are sorry our staff didn´t fix your problem on site. We are glad to know otherwise our property was of your liking.
Hope to see you back soon, so you can try our other pillow options.
Thanks again for the feedback, it makes us stronger.
Caye Caulker, Belize
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed for a night to get to the airport and I'm glad it was only a night.
Nice looking hotel and complementary shuttle to the airport.
They offered breakfast which was nice, but underwhelming. I ended up getting another breakfast from the airport.
I didn't find much to do in the area.
The sheets looked nice and I was really excited to tuck into them until I realized they were hideously old and balling. It was so uncomfortable I had to pull the duvet off to minimize rub from the balling sheets.
No fitness centre.
Pretty expensive for what you get

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Experience21
Thank you for your review.
We inspect and discart sheets, towels and other hotel amenities periodically to assure quality. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will make a thorough review of our inventory to avoid this happening in the future.. We appreciate you taking the time to make the experience better for future guests. Hope you give us another chance when you return to Guatemala City.
Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was my 4th stay at La Inmaculada, which I think speaks for itself. I was disappointed this trip though because I didn't like my room. It was smaller than the other three rooms I've occupied and the bathroom/shower configuration was weird. The one-glass/one open wall shower is between the toilet and the closet. The shower water splatters on the floor because there is not a door on the toilet/sink side of the bathroom, which makes the tile slippery. Also it is very small compared to the other showers in the other room. I will stay there again in the future, but I won't stay in Room 9 if there's any other option.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 9.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa R
WorldBedouin
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The size, location and calm atmosphere of this hotel are a pleasant welcome in a difficult city.
The staff were polite, helpful and arranged for me to take a private tour in the hotel taxi around the city. The driver was very knowledgeable, polite and a real gentleman. I felt safe and pleased with the tour. They also arranged taxis to take me back and forth to the Mayan Museum in a limited time frame on my way to the airport. The inner courtyard has the first gardenia tree I have ever seen, I recommend having a nice cup of Guatemalan coffee there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank WorldBedouin
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Of the 5 hotels in which we stayed during our trip to Guatemala, this was the only one that was not as expected. We arrived to find that our queen bed had been moved and we had "no choice, so so sorry" to stay in a full size bed. Upon fluently questioning the situation, found a room with two full beds. My husband is 6'6", double doesn't work for us. I had scrupulously checked my facts and went to the desk with a printout of the original reservation. Soo sooo sorry! Both rooms were quite small and the bathrooms were VERY dirty. After we went moved the receptionist told us that a queen room that faced the street was available. What? No room that we saw matched the picture on the TA site. Of course that must be a king room or something but still, not what we expected. When you book the number one hotel you expect more, it is true. But the room situation was inexcusable. Coffee was amazing though, and service at the front gate was prompt and courteous. The shuttle was on time and professional so there were some positives too. NOT NUMBER 1.

Room Tip: Get a king room and RECONFIRM
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bbchen
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We more or less took over this hotel for a few days.
The staff were very charming and helpful. Good family home away from home atmosphere.

Tastefully decorated and appointed rooms but not all the rooms are of the same standard. Avoid room 10 and 11 which are darker, prefer the the top floor rooms or those in the main house away from the reception.

Good breakfast but a strange policy of charging you more for second or third coffee. When I " groaned " they understood but they need to change their breakfast coffee policy.

Great complementary airport transfer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family