“Nice Quiet hotel awful restaurant” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Inmaculada Hotel

and 1 more site!
La Inmaculada Hotel
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Guatemala City
“Nice Quiet hotel awful restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The unchanged bed sheets had a dozen hairs on them and the restaurant food was of very poor quality. I didn't want to venture out into the city late at night after I checked In so I ordered at the restaurant. After a couple bites into the bland burger I noticed a huge green mold spot on the bottom of the bun. I rarely send food back, but the fact the kitchen overlooked this made me wonder what else would be wrong. I sent it back and the server was surprised that "I didn't like it" after I showed him the mold. This an other comments showed the staff isn't well versed in customer service, but compared to the other service experiences I've had at other nice hotels in Guatemala, this hotel was excellent.

In all the hotel is very safe, quiet and very nice. They really try to provide great service and that counts.

Stayed July 2014
Diego E, General Manager at La Inmaculada Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I would like to apologize for the bad experience you had at Inmaculada.
We will give your feedback to the the housekeeping, restaurant and kitchen staff to assure that this doesn´t happen ever again. We have in place daily shift check ups on room and kitchen standars and procedures; but surely something went wrong with you. Since I see you come often to Guatemala. I hope you give us a second chance; to prove that this was a slip up and not business as usual at La Inmaculada.
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dublin Éire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night when we first arrived in guatemala city. Its an oasis in the city as described with rooms facing into a garden courtyard where u can sit and have a drink from the bar or eat breakfast. Its in a nice safe neighbourhood with museums bars and restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast is included and is delicious and substantial. They also provide a free shuttle service from the airport make sure to contact them to avail of this. Rooms were modern comfortable with all amenities like ac safe and iron and ours also had a lovely balcony.
My only negative comments would be that they offer a wake up call with the coffee of your choice which is a lovely idea except when they forget to wake you up at the time you asked.
Also we found it difficult to get clear information at reception about onward travel to antigua. It was the third receptionist we asked before we were offered a shuttle bus service straight from the hotel for $10 which was great but shame we weren't told it the first time as we wasted time trying to find an alternative way.
Overall would definitely recommend though as positives far outweighed the few negatives.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nancy_n_karl
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is truly an oasis in the middle of bustling Zone 10. Not only is it located off of noisy streets but the courtyard garden with bubbling fountain and chirping birds provides respite amongst chaos. The hotel, including the rooms, is a modern design and kept very clean. The complementary breakfast is good and the custom coffee drink orders delicious. The airport shuttle is also a big plus. The staff is very friendly, helpful and most speak English.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MBarb10
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I pick up this hotel from the ranking of traveladvisor, after I stayed here for 4 days. I can truly say the ranking is very true.
The facility is very good and their breakfast is fabulous. The wifi is very stable and its surrounded by many food places and market.

In such dangerous city, they still maintained to be surrounded by high class shopping mall and very good bar/food place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
3 Thank Gemomamie
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and good in the safe area of Guatemala City, far away from city centre, had nice restaurant with good food and wines, nice atmosphere, very quiet rooms, good room service, lovely staff, the only problem was the pay, everything was charged even you don't know, the waiter didn't inform us what was included and what not, the final bill was surprisingly high. So check your bills, other wise nice place to stay overnight.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The name says it all!

This place is super clean with a nice modern feel. The hotel itself is quite small, but I like the feeling of a more boutique style hotel.

My wife came across this hotel when searching for a place to stay for one night before heading off to Lake Atitlan, and one night before we departed to come home.

The food was just okay. However, there are many restaurants nearby (Taco Inn was good and cheap!) so I would suggest venturing out to get a bite to eat.

I rated it 4 stars because we were handed a menu and were told that 4 of the options we wanted were no longer available. The server said it was an old menu but there were no other menus to look at? Time to make a new menu ;) Also, we had to wake up at 3am to catch our flight and we were told that they would wake us up with coffee. Luckily we set our alarms because nobody came to our door with coffee.

If you are looking for a nice place to stay for the night, in a good area of town, with friendly service at an affordable rate, this is your place!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I spent three night here and had zero complaints. We stayed in room 6 which was a great size for us. The bed was very comfortable which was nice after spending all day touring around and sightseeing. The rooms are very modern and come with an; iron, blow dryer, and toiletries. The hotel staff was very kind and friendly. They all spoke very good English. We had very early tours each day and they would pack us a delicious breakfast to take with us. They also let us check out at 3:00 with no extra charge. They have free airport pick up and transfer. The hotel had a very cute little restaurant that is open from 6 am until 10 pm. You can order food to your room for no extra charge. The hotel also offers massages that you can get in your room. My fiancé and I had one after a long day at Tikal. We called the front desk around 8pm and the masseuse arrived an hour later. All in all I highly recommend this hotel for couples- not for families. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple