“Hotel needs updating”
Review of Hotel Las Americas

Hotel Las Americas
Ranked #4 of 59 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel is old and needs to be updated. The rooms are really dark and some what dreary. The bathroom smelled of mold. The bed sagged on one side and was very uncomfortable. The first room I was given, the door would not lock when you left the room. I discovered this, as I always double check the door when I leave a room to make sure it locks. Due to the broken door lock, I was given another room on a higher floor that was slightly better and a little less dark. On the plus side, the staff is friendly and helpful. The complimentary airport shuttle is clean, efficient and on-time. I give this hotel 3 stars (rather than 2) because it is a good value for the money (less than $75/night) for those who need an overnight stay near the airport. If you are staying more than 1 night, I believe there are better options closer to the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Runwayg1irl
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear guest: Thank you for thinking about us for your stay. We appreciate your comments because that is how we can improve our service. We are ready for your next stay with us and take the opportunity to greet you. We took your comments to improve new actions to satisfy your needs. It is good to know that our staff were friendly. We will make sure to work on it to give you a better service next time.

María Joseé Navarro Portillo

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel has great service and location (in front of the airport). They serve a buffet all day with delicious dishes. The waiters are very attentive and helpful.

Regarding to the room, I believe they need some improvement, it suppose I received an upgraded room but the room wasn't as nicer as the last time I stayed there.

The bathroom was very tight.
I would like to enjoy some time at the pool, but I didn't like that is in front of the restaurant, everybody can see you, and I believe isn't either nice for the people eating at the restaurant.

There are available tours in the lobby, great service and price.

Room Tip: If you have a sleeping problems, you could require a room in the opposite side of the airport . The...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear guest: It's a pleassure to contact you and know that your stay at our hotel was confortable. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are going to travel again to Guatemala, 'cause the doors of this house always will open to receive you.

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance and condition of the property. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. We are working at a bedding refresh and we will ready to receive you again as soon as possible.

Maria Josee Navarro Portillo

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our group of nine was delayed from Milwaukee to Guatemala City and ultimately, Zacapa Guatemala due to a delay in Milwaukee. We made our way to Atlanta and then Miami, only to arrive in Guatemala City around 9:30 (versus 1:00 pm) CALMS (Central America Lutheran Mission Service) arranged for our group to stay at the Crowne Plaza near the airport. I had stayed at many Crowne Plaza's for business internationally and this location did not disappoint. The bed and ammenties were super comfortable, comforters, great bedding and hot showers (not the norm in Guate). You will be spoiled here. No business center to make copies, but wifi is available.

The restraurant garnered an " interesting " by the group. They are trying to cater to American as well as international tastes. No one got sick, so that is a plus. Great place to stay as they are fluent in english and portugese.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guest: Thank you for thinking about us for your stay. We appreciate your comments because that is how we can improve our service. We are ready for your next stay with us and take the opportunity to greet you. We took your comments to improve new actions to satisfy your needs. It is good to know that you enjoy our restaurant service .

If you are planning another trip to Guatemala, please let me know.

Maria Josee Navarro Portillo,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Edgar Alvarez was very efficient and friendly as were everybody else. They are quick to solve problems and anticipate your every need. Best value for money hotel in Guatemala.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

María Joseé Navarro Portillo

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have the oportunity to stay at the hotel several times and the services is excellent the people are friendly and helpful
I always enjoy stay with you and the location is perfect are near for the principal mall of the city.

Marta B

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MartaLBR
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear guest: Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Guatemala again. I am pleased you did like our service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you require additional information in this or other matters. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Respectfully,
María Joseé Navarro

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

All in a very good place to stay. Clean and safe. Excellent proximate to the airport. Shuttle was great. Food was surprisingly good - buffet was fresh and tasty.
The rooms could use an update - flat screen tv's, feather pillows, duvets, hvac units.

• Stayed: August 2013
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear guest: Thank you for thinking about us for your stay. We appreciate your comments because that is how we can improve our service. We are ready for your next stay with us and take the opportunity to greet you. We took your comments to improve new actions to satisfy your needs. It is good to know that you enjoy your time at our homme.

We are working in refreshing our bedding and rooms and soon we are posting new pictures online.

If you are planning another trip to Guatemala, please let me know.

Maria Josee Navarro Portillo

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The room was nice, and the bathroom had everything I needed. We needed very early transport to the airport. Their shuttle runs every half hour starting at 4:00 am. It was perfect for us. They even had coffee, orange juice and pastries set up in the lobby at 3:45 am when we came down from our room. I had heard others complain about the lack of restaurants in the area. The hotel has a restaurant, plus there’s Pollo Camparo, McDonalds and Wendy’s within a 1 block area. There were a few negatives on the night we were there. The credit card verification system was down, and we had to hand over the last little bit of cash we had. The TV cable was down for about 6 hours, so there was no television in the room. The clock in the room wasn’t working, and the person they sent up was able to set the time but didn’t know how to set the alarm. We overcame that by using their wake-up call service. Overall, we liked the hotel, the staff and the location. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear guest: Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Guatemala. I am pleased you did like our service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you require additional information in this or other matters. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Best Regards,