This hotel is old and needs to be updated. The rooms are really dark and some what dreary. The bathroom smelled of mold. The bed sagged on one side and was very uncomfortable. The first room I was given, the door would not lock when you left the room. I discovered this, as I always double check the door when I leave a room to make sure it locks. Due to the broken door lock, I was given another room on a higher floor that was slightly better and a little less dark. On the plus side, the staff is friendly and helpful. The complimentary airport shuttle is clean, efficient and on-time. I give this hotel 3 stars (rather than 2) because it is a good value for the money (less than $75/night) for those who need an overnight stay near the airport. If you are staying more than 1 night, I believe there are better options closer to the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 3 kms. From La Aurora International Airport and very close to the main commercial and financial area of the country. It offers 183 comfortable rooms, Gym, Heated swimming pool, Spa, Restaurant of Local and International food, Bar, Internet without cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Crowne Plaza
- Hotel Las Americas Guatemala/Guatemala City