We have stayed a number of times at the Crowne Plaza in Guatemala City. Beds are comfortable, but the rooms are a bit outdated and dark. The bathrooms are tight and dark. The room had only one bottle of water and one cup (for the coffeemaker) and one drinking glass. They did bring up more water for free, but said that they could only bring two bottles (for the two of us) for free. The shampoo and other amenities were not high-end, but more like what I'd expect from a cheap hotel.
The breakfast is delicious with a lot of variety, including custom omelets, meats, cheeses, fresh fruits, platanos cooked two ways, black beans with cream, tamales, breads and sweet breads, and several kinds of juices. The servers are attentive to help with coffee and anything else. The down side is that it is $15 per person, or $25 per couple! Very costly considering this is Guatemala.
Staff is friendly and helpful. Airport shuttle worked fine this trip, though other trips I've had problems, so I recommend always reminding them a day or two ahead of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 3 kms. From La Aurora International Airport and very close to the main commercial and financial area of the country. It offers 183 comfortable rooms, Gym, Heated swimming pool, Spa, Restaurant of Local and International food, Bar, Internet without cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Crowne Plaza
- Hotel Las Americas Guatemala/Guatemala City