Best location in Guatemala city, building is old but well taken care of, front desk, room service and restaurant staff are highly motivated and focused on giving great service, they are all very kind. Hotel's personnel is their strength.
Breakfast was a large buffet, with made to order eggs, tons of fruit, different kinds of bread and cakes, typical food, excellent cofee and natural drinks, the restaurant is big and in great condition.
Rooms are clean, not big but well furnished, the TV is very old, big and outdated, air conditioning system was very loud and noisy.
Two things I didn't like at all, first the WiFi connection that was ridiculously bad and frustrating, can't think this kind of hotel still has service like this, no one would be able to work with such WiFi connection. Second is that a couple of times we found a lot of bodyguards in the parking basement, the kind of bad looking people that scares anyone.
I would think twice about returning to this place, specially on business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 3 kms. From La Aurora International Airport and very close to the main commercial and financial area of the country. It offers 183 comfortable rooms, Gym, Heated swimming pool, Spa, Restaurant of Local and International food, Bar, Internet without cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Crowne Plaza
- Hotel Las Americas Guatemala/Guatemala City