It was my first visit to Guatemala, so we didn't know what quite to expect. Intercon turned out to be a good choice, with an attractive rate that includes a varied spread at buffet breakfast. Some parts of the hotel could have been a bit more updated (e.g. musty carpet), but all in all, it is a good service hotel. Hotel taxis were reasonable too, and safe. The hotel itself has several restaurants: we tried "Cafe de la Paix", which had decent international food (they call it French, but it's really more international feel). It is walking distance to many good restaurants, including Fontabella which has a cluster of restaurants/ cafes. Staff were very friendly and gave us a very good USD/Guatemala Quetzal rate. Which brings me to the point: DO NOT CHANGE YOUR USD AT THE GUATEMALA AIRPORT EXCHANGE/ CAMBIO. I'm not sure if I was allowed to change because I was a guest at the Intercon, but the airport exchange rate was a rip off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located at the heart of the entertainment and corporate district, at the epicenter of Guatemala's dynamic "Zona Viva". Just a few steps away from the hotel you will find the city's best restaurants, boutiques & nightlife. The Real InterContinental Guatemala offers a culinary experience with an array of gastronomic options, a bar and four restaurants that will indulge your senses. The Market, our new casual restaurant, features a show kitchen where you can choose from a variety of fresh ingredients and build your own dishes such as salads, pastas, burgers, sandwiches and more. Picasso Stone Flame Oven serves pizzas as well as Mediterranean dishes with lively flavors. Tanoshii Sushi Bar offers genuine Japanese cuisine in a contemporary intimate atmosphere. Saint Honore Patisserie is renowned for some of the city's finest pastries. Our new Maya Lounge is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy live music and tailormade cocktails. Guests can relax in our renovated spa or exercise at our fitness center open 24 hours in its new location overlooking the heated pool and a view of the city. Our recently renovated 239 rooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler; streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock, mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. Real InterContinental Guatemala is just 4 Miles away from La Aurora International Airport and the Spanish colonial town of Antigua Guatemala is 25 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Real InterContinental Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real InterContinental Guatemala Guatemala City