“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Duluth, Minnesota
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

From the moment I arrived, until the moment I departed . . . all was fabulous. The service from the front desk was extraordinary. The front desk supervisor was simply the best. My only negative comment: for some reason I had a difficult time connecting to the Internet (of course the tech person was happy to help resolve the problem), once connected . . . the speed was nearly the same as home. Helpful for work. I'll be back . . .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Customer:

We are very grateful for your comment about your recent visit to our hotel. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed your entire experience specially form our front desk and supervisor. I assure you they will receive that appropriate recognition for their effort. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you encountered due to difficulty with connection to Internet, I´m glad to inform you that we are currently in the process of improvement of Internet quality and speed which we hope you can enjoy in your future visits.

We look forward to receive you very soon.

Nelson D´Lima

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Marvellous service received from hotel personnel! Very nice rooms! Great restaurants with a number of dining choices! Thos hotel is a must if visiting Guatemala for pleasure or business. The hotel is located within a safe zone.

Room Tip: Very good location, great service and restaurants!

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay in your home away from home. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your Best Rest. As you well mention we have taken special care to make sure to provide a wide variety of dining choices to choose from in the safest environment.

We hope to have the pleasure to serve you very soon.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel is very good; but Service is out of this World; they are always willing to help. I forgot some clothes in my room and they were very efficient handling the return and making sure to keep me informed at all times. The Concierge of this Hotel is something else. I've been a member of this network for over 20 years and have stayed in different parts of the world; however never being more comfortable; they are doing something good in Guate!

Dear Customer:

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for taking the time to write such a nice review about your experience. We are very happy about your appreciation of our services especially from our Concierge, I will make sure they receive the appropriate recognition for their job.

We look forward to receive you very soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The service was fantastic, the lobby is beautiful! I was upgraded to the ambassador floor and loved the big room with the separate shower. My only comment is the food and service at the Market and Picasso. The service at the market is mediocre at best. This may be because the restaurant is new, but either way, we waited very long every time for coffee refills and our check. Picasso, the service was a little better, but the food not so good. The salad was drowning in dressing and the desert drowning in syrup. There are fantastic restaurants right across the street in 2 directions, i would recommend staying at the Intercontinental and eating out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Customer:

We are very grateful for your review about your recent stay in your home away from home. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed our services, recently renovated Lobby and The Market restaurant. We extend our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences we might have caused regarding the service in The Market and food quality in Picasso I assure you we will take immediate actions to correct this.

We hope that despite this issues we will have once again the honor to serve you in a near future.

Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel, possibly the finest in Guatemala city. It has beautiful art, attentive staff, and one of the best hotel breakfast buffets I've ever had, The views from the upper floors can be spectacular if you can get a room on the correct side (I did not).

Unfortunately I had problems with my room that keep this from being a five-star review. The first night my television was not hooked up properly. It was plugged into a non-functional UPS and the coax was not screwed in all the way. I reported this and the next night it was hooked up but the picture was fuzzy and I could not change channels with the remote. My fellow travelers reported no issues and plenty of english channels so it seems like I just had a bad or improperly hooked up TV, even after reporting it.

The other issue I had was with the A/C. Guatemala City is almost a mile high and gets chilly, even in April. My A/C just kept cooling the room no matter the temperature I set it to or whether it was on heat or cool. I had to turn it off to keep the room from being too cold.

Overall it was a fine hotel, I would stay there again. But if I was there more than two nights I would have asked for another room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review about your experience in your home away from home. We are happy that despite the mentioned details you enjoy your Best Rest. I assure you we will take your comments very seriously and have already taken the corresponding actions to correct these issues. We have recently upgraded our TV Cable system to add much more HD Channels and these mentioned issues have been verified and corrected. Regarding the A/C in your room we are currently in the process of a complete maintenance of all our A/C system in order to provide the best comfort.

We truly apologize for any inconveniences these issues might have causes and look forward to receive you again so we can compensate these situations.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

During my stay in Guatemala City, my time spent at the Real InterContinental was excellent. The on site dining choices were great and very reasonably priced. All the staff throughout my stay were very professional and friendly. They were happy to answer any questions I had and were extremely knowledgeable about things to see or do in the city. I will definitely be staying with them again.

• Stayed April 2014
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Customer:

Thank your very much for your review about your recent experience, here in your home away from home. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and our services. As you well mention all of our staff is always eager to answer any question regarding our beautiful City of Guatemala or our hotel services and facilities.

We look forward to receive your very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

An upbeat hotel with full amenities in the heart of Guatemala City. A definite place to meet business and executive counterparts, go for a swim in the great pool or get a massage. The staff is courteous and professional and the food is just right.

• Stayed April 2014
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your preference and review about your recent stay. As you well mention our recently renovated areas make the perfect combination between business and pleasure. We are happy you were able to relax in our pool and enjoy a massage at our InterContinental SPA. All of these elements plus our staff services and cuisine makes us The Place to Be!

We look forward to receive you soon, here in your home away from home.