“Nice Hotel in the Heart of Business District”

Real InterContinental Guatemala
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Guatemala City
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I travel to Guatemala regularly and I always stay at this hotel. The service is excellent and they have recently remodeled the main restaurant and lobby area. Both are excellent changes. One of the safest and cleanest hotels that I have ever experienced and I travel frequently throughout Latin American. Very good restaurants within the hotel's vicinity.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay in your home away from home. We are overwhelmed about your appreciation of our services and recent renovations and feel very happy to have accomplished our goal to provide our guests their Best Rest and Experience.

We look forward to receive you very soon,

There are newer reviews for Real InterContinental Guatemala

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was here on a business trip. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The staff were gracious but overall speak limited English. The rooms had somewhat run down furniture and the rugs seemed a little stained. I also don't think the A/C worked as well as I would have liked. Overall, it was a comfortable stay in what seems to be a somewhat safer area of the city.

1  Thank RAR1126
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay in our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast and staff services in our recently renovated The Market Restaurant. I am glad to inform you that we will be starting a complete room renovation at the end of this year to keep providing our guest their Best Rest and Experience.

We look forward for your next visit and remain with our arms open.

Kind Regard,

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here back in February and it was very comfortable, breakfast included was well worth every penny. Service was the best!! Most places in Central America lack in this area... But not the Inter... In Nicaragua the service is exceptional at this hotel as well... It's as if you are not in Central America... Almost everyone speaks at least two languages... Highly recommend this hotel as well as the one in Nicaragua.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Customer:

We are very grateful for your fine review about your recent stay in our hotel as well in our brother hotel en Nicaragua. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our complete breakfast at The Market restaurant and our staff services.

We remain at your services and hope to have the pleasure to serve you very soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The service is good, it has good restaurants but, I'm a regular visitor due business travels. This is my third bad experience at the hotel. The first one, I was placed near to the elevators, it is pretty noisy, they were kind and offer me a better room. Second time I was place on a handicap room, it was dirty, and there were some blood stains in the bathroom furniture. This third time, the beds are old and very unconfortable. They really need to change old mattresses

I would recommend when checking in to look for a room away from elevators, check that the room is clean and check for the beds in good conditions.

Room Tip: ask rooms away from elevators. check that the room is clean check for the beds in good conditions.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Customer:

We are very grateful for your recent stay and review about your experience. We extend our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you have encountered during your past 3 stays regarding room conditions. I assure you we have already updated your profile to make sure you will always be assigned to the correct room regarding your requirements. I´m also glad to inform you that we will soon be stating our complete Room and Corridor´s renovation, hopefully you will enjoy this in your future stays.

We hope that despite these situation we can have the opportunity to serve you in your future stays.

Kid Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is great, rooms, service, hotels etc. But the must important thing, there was no hot water!! I shaved and almost tore my face. I then took a shower and only towards the end when I was turning off the water, I started to feel lukewarm water. I mentioned this at the front desk, and it seems they know about itand just told me that I had to let the water run. I know now for next time, turn the water on 15 minutes prior to shaving and showering.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank nicatraveler69
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review about your experience. We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the water temperature in your room. We have reviewed this case with our maintenance and housekeeping departments and will conduct a thorough analysis of our water system to make the corresponding changes to improve this.

We appreciate your comprehension and beg for a second opportunity to serve you. Please let me know about your future visits so I can personally make sure you enjoy your Best Rest and Experience.

nelson.dlima@r-hr.com

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My stay was very comfortable in a clean, spacious room. I was in guatamala for business reasons and felt safe and secure at the location. The staff was courteous and attentive to my needs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Customer:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we accomplished our goal to provide your Best Rest.

We look forwards for your next visit.

nelson.d´lima@r-hr.com

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Restaurants on property are great, especially for the breakfast buffet. The Staff is great. The Customer Service is exceptional. The Guest Rooms could stand to be updated. The lobby and restaurants are very attractive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Customer:

Thank you very much for the review about your recent stay here in your home away from home. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our recently remodeled restaurants and our staff services. We will be conducting a complete room and corridor renovation in the last months of this year so hopefully you will be able to enjoy this in your future stays.

We look forward to serve you again.

nelson.dlima@r-hr.com