“Extraordinary experience!”

Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Dallas, Texas
“Extraordinary experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Business travel is never fun or easy, especially when its an extended (2 week stay); however my trip to GT was probably my most memorable ever. The staff consistently greeted me by name recognition; attended to my every need. I felt at home with the exceptional service.

I did have an incident in my room (freak accident), but the staff promptly addressed the situation and moved in to another room with no effort on my part.

With more GT visits on the horizon, it is assured Real InterContinental Guatemala is my #1 hotel of choice!

Room Tip: Request volcano views
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Mrs. Ali F:

Thank you very much for your recent stat and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We once again apologize for the incident in your room and appreciate your comprehension and cooperation. We are very grateful that despite this situation we are still you # 1 choice and guarantee that we will keep doing our best effort to provide your Best Rest.

Looking forward for your next visit.

Nelson D´Lima

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had a good stay here for a business trip. The hotel staff were very helpful and professional. There are great restaurants at the hotel and the gym/pool is good as well. The internet was good. The beds and pilows were very comfortable. Overall a nice-problem free stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Mr. Charles Fletcher:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here in your home away from home. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our staff, recently renovated areas, comfortable beds and Internet Service.

We look forward to receive you very soon.

Addison, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I travel to Guatemala regularly and I always stay at this hotel. The service is excellent and they have recently remodeled the main restaurant and lobby area. Both are excellent changes. One of the safest and cleanest hotels that I have ever experienced and I travel frequently throughout Latin American. Very good restaurants within the hotel's vicinity.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay in your home away from home. We are overwhelmed about your appreciation of our services and recent renovations and feel very happy to have accomplished our goal to provide our guests their Best Rest and Experience.

We look forward to receive you very soon,

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was here on a business trip. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The staff were gracious but overall speak limited English. The rooms had somewhat run down furniture and the rugs seemed a little stained. I also don't think the A/C worked as well as I would have liked. Overall, it was a comfortable stay in what seems to be a somewhat safer area of the city.

1 Thank RAR1126
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay in our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast and staff services in our recently renovated The Market Restaurant. I am glad to inform you that we will be starting a complete room renovation at the end of this year to keep providing our guest their Best Rest and Experience.

We look forward for your next visit and remain with our arms open.

Kind Regard,

Leon, Nicaragua
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here back in February and it was very comfortable, breakfast included was well worth every penny. Service was the best!! Most places in Central America lack in this area... But not the Inter... In Nicaragua the service is exceptional at this hotel as well... It's as if you are not in Central America... Almost everyone speaks at least two languages... Highly recommend this hotel as well as the one in Nicaragua.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Customer:

We are very grateful for your fine review about your recent stay in our hotel as well in our brother hotel en Nicaragua. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our complete breakfast at The Market restaurant and our staff services.

We remain at your services and hope to have the pleasure to serve you very soon.

Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The service is good, it has good restaurants but, I'm a regular visitor due business travels. This is my third bad experience at the hotel. The first one, I was placed near to the elevators, it is pretty noisy, they were kind and offer me a better room. Second time I was place on a handicap room, it was dirty, and there were some blood stains in the bathroom furniture. This third time, the beds are old and very unconfortable. They really need to change old mattresses

I would recommend when checking in to look for a room away from elevators, check that the room is clean and check for the beds in good conditions.

Room Tip: ask rooms away from elevators. check that the room is clean check for the beds in good conditions.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Customer:

We are very grateful for your recent stay and review about your experience. We extend our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you have encountered during your past 3 stays regarding room conditions. I assure you we have already updated your profile to make sure you will always be assigned to the correct room regarding your requirements. I´m also glad to inform you that we will soon be stating our complete Room and Corridor´s renovation, hopefully you will enjoy this in your future stays.

We hope that despite these situation we can have the opportunity to serve you in your future stays.

Kid Regards,

Nicaragua
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is great, rooms, service, hotels etc. But the must important thing, there was no hot water!! I shaved and almost tore my face. I then took a shower and only towards the end when I was turning off the water, I started to feel lukewarm water. I mentioned this at the front desk, and it seems they know about itand just told me that I had to let the water run. I know now for next time, turn the water on 15 minutes prior to shaving and showering.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank nicatraveler69
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review about your experience. We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the water temperature in your room. We have reviewed this case with our maintenance and housekeeping departments and will conduct a thorough analysis of our water system to make the corresponding changes to improve this.

We appreciate your comprehension and beg for a second opportunity to serve you. Please let me know about your future visits so I can personally make sure you enjoy your Best Rest and Experience.

nelson.dlima@r-hr.com