This is one of the best Intercontinental Hotels I have stayed at, that says a lot since It is always a pleasurable experience to stay at an Intercontinental, they are all excellent! The Hotel is beautifully decorated with a huge lobby in which you find 3 Restaurants a Japanese Restaurant, a pizza place and the Market Place Restaurant which serves International food. There is also a Bakery in the back of the lobby which you can't see from the lobby, The bakery serves great baked goods and sandwiches and great coffees all day long, great for a quick breakfast, lunch or just an afternoon snack. The Market Place Restaurant serves and great breakfast buffet with too many choices for a big appetite. I also had the opportunity to have dinner at that restaurant and I found the appetizer portions to be huge, too much for one person. I ordered a fish carpaccio which could had been my dinner, it was so big. I then ordered a seafood pasta that was amazing. I have not tried the Japanese nor the pizza. There is also a bar in the lobby that presents live music at night keeping the ambiance lively until well into the night. The rooms are decorated with great taste. the beds are super comfortable. Most of the rooms have a seating area, very comfortable to sit and read or just sip some morning coffee overlooking the city. For business travelers, the business center is great and it even offers a conference room which you need to book ahead of time. they offer complimentary coffee and tea. If you have time to pamper yourself you have to visit the Spa, you can get in the sauna or just have a massage or a exfoliation ritual in chocolate or wine, your choice. Ask for Yusia, she is there from 5 to 10, she is great!. The Spa is actually open until 10 PM. The Hotel is located in the Zone 10 which is a very lively area full of nice restaurants and bars. The Hotel offers a free shuttle from the airport and back. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive to the needs of their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located at the heart of the entertainment and corporate district, at the epicenter of Guatemala's dynamic "Zona Viva". Just a few steps away from the hotel you will find the city's best restaurants, boutiques & nightlife. The Real InterContinental Guatemala offers a culinary experience with an array of gastronomic options, a bar and four restaurants that will indulge your senses. The Market, our new casual restaurant, features a show kitchen where you can choose from a variety of fresh ingredients and build your own dishes such as salads, pastas, burgers, sandwiches and more. Picasso Stone Flame Oven serves pizzas as well as Mediterranean dishes with lively flavors. Tanoshii Sushi Bar offers genuine Japanese cuisine in a contemporary intimate atmosphere. Saint Honore Patisserie is renowned for some of the city's finest pastries. Our new Maya Lounge is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy live music and tailormade cocktails. Guests can relax in our renovated spa or exercise at our fitness center open 24 hours in its new location overlooking the heated pool and a view of the city. Our recently renovated 239 rooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler; streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock, mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. Real InterContinental Guatemala is just 4 Miles away from La Aurora International Airport and the Spanish colonial town of Antigua Guatemala is 25 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Real InterContinental Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real InterContinental Guatemala Guatemala City