I would only stay here one night, on the way to somewhere else. The hotel is in a beautiful old building, but could do with a renovation. The location is not so good ( everyone will tell you to be careful if thieves) but there is a police headquarters around the corner and an armed guard at the pharmacy next door. The hotel room seemed nasty--I didn't want to touch the floor. However, I can't deny the value, the amount billed to our credit card was like $14 and that's with a bathroom!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis in the pulsating Historic Center of Guatemala City, 20 minutes from La Aurora International Airport and bus terminals with domestic destinations (Antigua, Tikal, Semuc Champey, Livingston, Quetzaltenango, IRTRA Reu and Atitlán) and international destinations , El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica). Located in a house of "Seville" style of the early twentieth century, you will have the ease of walking around buildings and colonial squares, churches, convents, handicraft markets, palaces, museums and architectural constructions of incalculable cultural and historical value. Within walking distance to a variety of Guatemalan and international restaurants, traditional and modern. We have spacious rooms from 1 to 8 people, pleasant and unique environments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Ajau Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Hotel Guatemala City
- Hotel Ajau Colonial Guatemala/Guatemala City