Guatemala City downtown has many interesting places but if you read most travel guides you might become afraid and think there is nothing here. I am not discounting the crime problems and if you decide to stay here, I do suggest that you don't walk around after dark. The front desk will call a taxi driver they know. The hotel is secure and it is beautiful. The price is right. The staff is nice. I had a large, old fashioned room facing a quiet hallway. My only disappointment concerned the bathroom, which had a bug problem. Contrary to what you might have heard, the central zone of Guatemala has beautiful churches, a lovely arch over a street by the post office and interesting restaurants. I certainly prefer it to the Zona Viva, where I could be sitting in a shopping in Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis in the pulsating Historic Center of Guatemala City, 20 minutes from La Aurora International Airport and bus terminals with domestic destinations (Antigua, Tikal, Semuc Champey, Livingston, Quetzaltenango, IRTRA Reu and Atitlán) and international destinations , El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica). Located in a house of "Seville" style of the early twentieth century, you will have the ease of walking around buildings and colonial squares, churches, convents, handicraft markets, palaces, museums and architectural constructions of incalculable cultural and historical value. Within walking distance to a variety of Guatemalan and international restaurants, traditional and modern. We have spacious rooms from 1 to 8 people, pleasant and unique environments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Ajau Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Hotel Guatemala City
- Hotel Ajau Colonial Guatemala/Guatemala City