“Great friendly place to stay”

Theatre International Hostel
“Great friendly place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I turned up to this hostel to stay for a night and was met by very friendly staff.

We had a great night together even though we had just met. For those who wanted to sleep, thet could as the music in the hostel was switched off at 11pm.

I highly recommend this hostel if you're looking for a friendly place to stay and meet people.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this hostel over a week when I was actually supposed to only stay a night!
The location could not be better, next to shops, parks and very safe as well. I stayed both in a dorm, a very spacious one by the way, and the other nights in a private room, which was excellent for such a small price!
I would definitely come back there, but above all, the staff made my stay memorable.
Claudia, Camille, Williams and the rest of the crew are also travelers, working there for a while and know how to make you feel at home within few minutes!
To anyone looking for a safe, well located, clean and amazing staff, that´s the place to be in Guat. city!
ps - This hostel has some traveling quotes on few walls, it was definitely a nice plus in terms of decoration!

Room Tip: Dorms are very spacious compared to the ones I used to stay in, in other hostels Private room are v...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Oaxaca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hostel is close to the main Street which takes you to the main square of Guatemala City. It's very easy to catch the trans metro since there is a station just next to it or if you walk a couple of blocks you get to the intersection of the three lines of the transmetro. The rooms are good, the kitchen is big, good internet connection.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Campbellton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Me and the other 7 girls who were traveling with me, slept there the first night in the country of Guatemala. It's very close to the airport, maybe 15 mins depending on the trafic. When you get Inside you forget that you are in Guatemala city because everything is so cozy, there are hamacs, puffs to sit on, a fruit tree, ... They put music on to play all day which is really nice. We actually plugged in my friend's iPod for a while. I felt very safe, they lock up the place very good. When we went, there was a guy from Québec city working, it was only his third week in Guate, he took us out to eat, to the market and to walk around the city. They have lockers to put your stuff in, which I was happy about. I really liked this place, it was also VERY clean, bathrooms included. I really enjoyed my stay there, if I go back to Guatemala city, I will sleep there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

All was good,the hostel is clean, is safe,the breakfast is free,hot watter,and very easy to pay,the people is kind, i can find persons of all world ,and i can make good friends.Very good place.I love it.Was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed there the last night of my trip through guatemala. the whole crew is very friendly and helpful. they even try to show you an authentic guatamela by visiting a concert together (crew and hostelvisitors) of a local band. Thank you for a special last night!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

A new hotel and I can see that they are putting effort into making it great. Are very helpful. We made a reservation for a dorm because that is all they had and when we got their my gf and I asked for a private. One of the workers gave up his room and moved in two beds for us. We only paid 93 or 95q each. This is probably one of the cheapest hostels that I found in Guatemala City. The only draw back was that there is only one bathroom for men and one bathroom for women for all to share. However, they said they would be doing renovations to make more bathrooms.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple