Casa Veranda Guatemala
US$251
US$164
Hotels.com
Barcelo Guatemala City(Guatemala City)
US$138
US$84
US$162
US$157
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ciudad Vieja(Guatemala City)
US$98
US$90
Grand Tikal Futura Hotel(Guatemala City)
US$114
Clarion Suites Guatemala(Guatemala City)
US$113
US$86
Hotels.com
Posada Belen Museo Inn(Guatemala City)
US$60
US$45
  • Restaurant
US$116
TripAdvisor
Adriatika Hotel Boutique(Guatemala City)
US$153
US$109
Cancelon
Hostal Guatefriend's(Guatemala City)(Great Value!)
All reviewsfront deskhotel mercurefriend recommended this hotelliving roomeggs to ordercommercial districtsmall kitchenhotel offersrooms are hugenice servicebreakfast buffet was goodincluded in the pricerecommend this hotelvery nice hotelcomfortable staybed was very comfortablecentral america
A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 15 nights in February / March. I can highly recommend it. The staff at the hotel were super-helpful and friendly. I felt very welcome and looked after. Taxis were easy to get from the hotel and I was given plenty of useful advice regarding my personal safety. I certainly felt comfortable and safe in the hotel. The room was spacious, clean and had a wonderful view over the city. The very pleasant person who cleaned my room was excellent and helpful (she managed to get hold of a vase for the flowers I had received from my husband). The breakfast was delicious - especially the fresh papaya and pineapple. I also enjoyed the freshly cooked omelette most mornings. The only problem was that it was possible to hear other guests in the adjacent rooms: this disrupted my sleep once or twice but generally, it was fine. The hotel location was good: close to the airport and in the main business area, close to bars, shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We had a great experience during one week in the Mercura.
Room was clean, room service fast and efficient, Guatemalan tasty breakfast, helpful and smiling staff.
P.S: It would be better to just have glasses and spoons in the small American kitchen in the suite, and a box of Kleenex. Try to use the hoover for the carpet bedrooms and living room because when you make the room it's the only thing missing..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Since security is a major concern in Guatemala city, i must say this hotel made us feel very secure. The rooms are spacious and nice with a great view from some of them. Breakfast was okay with decent variety. Staff is very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I booked this hotel for my family of four based Tripadvisor reviews. We had two rooms that were large , clean and comfortable. The location is also excellent. Our problems however started at the front desk !! I do have to state that I speak no Spanish but after travelling three weeks in rural Mexico and Guatemala this had not caused us any problems until we got to the Mecure. Firstly we were travelling with our two young children but they had put us in rooms on two different floors - wheres the common sense in that. No amount of discussion was able to change this situation. Secondly our package included buffet breakfast but as we had to check out the next morning at 5:45am to get to the airport we would be too early for the restaurant which opened at 6am. We asked the Front Desk Mgr if we have a credit for the breakfast which we could use for dinner. 30 mins later I was told no not possible. I asked them to reconsider as I didn't believe this was reasonable why could they not substitute the value of one meal towards another ? 30 mins later the answer was again no. Having spotted their Tripadvisor sign proudly displayed on the front desk I informed them that I would be reviewing the hotel and including my poor experience. Again no change. Finally I asked them if they could provide us with a box breakfast that we could take with us to the airport. 30 mins later I got the call to say that they were giving us a US$13 credit each towards dinner. Obviously they worked out that it was going to be too much hassle to provide the box breakfast and therefore better off to give us a credit for dinner and shut us up. I have to say that the room service meal we received was excellent. Another problem we encountered though was that whilst on enquiry we were told not to drink the water from the taps the Mecure did not provide any complimentary water bottles in the rooms, not even for cleaning your teeth !!! Even in the most remote towns we stayed in during our travels in Guatemala bottled water was always made available with 1-2 bottles being complimentary. After a good night sleep we checked out the next morning at 5:45am and guess what their was no note on the system regarding the credit towards dinner, on top of this they wanted to charge us for using two small bottles of water. Then as if to add insult to injury then also told me that their was a US$10 charge for the in room coffee service that we had used even though there was no notice of this in the room.
Folks this is a very comfortable hotel, well located, with huge rooms and the food is great but this has to be the most frustrating, penny pinching and incompetent management that I have ever experienced from a large international chain hotel. You can't excuse this experience because it's located in a poor central american city, we experienced some of the best hospitality we have received anywhere in the world in Guatemala. Here's a tip for you Mercure Casa Veranda take your management team to the Hotel Cirilo in Antigua Guatemala, Ricardo and his team of local ladies will give you a masterclass in real hotel management and hospitality !!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank KiwidadSydney
Reviewed 13 October 2011

The hotel is centrally located in the Zona Viva. Good location for business travel. The rooms are large and the service good. I can;t really think of the downside except for the fact that there's no pool. The price and location make up for that. Breakfast is OK and room service limited but convenient.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business