Hostal Villa Toscana
Adriatika Hotel Boutique(Guatemala City)
US$197
US$129
Hotel San Carlos(Guatemala City)
US$110
US$101
US$132
US$123
Hotel Ciudad Vieja(Guatemala City)
US$98
US$90
Barcelo Guatemala City(Guatemala City)
US$138
US$95
US$141
US$119
US$164
US$150
Clarion Suites Guatemala(Guatemala City)
US$119
US$109
US$170
US$149
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Grand Tikal Futura Hotel(Guatemala City)
US$121
US$107
All reviewsclose to the airportan early flightminutes from the airportbeautiful courtyardgated communitysafe placewill stay there againincluded in the pricebox breakfastplenty of hot waterfree shuttle to the airportbreakfast includedcomfortable bedsguatemalaneighborhoodflorestransportation
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Didn't arrive until 9 pm and street was gated with guards - very secure. Large rooms, very clean, although wi-fi was inconsistent. AC and TV worked well. Departed the next morning at 5 am (the earliest time for their free ride to the airport) and arrived at terminal within 5 minutes. Very convenient for arriving or departing from Guatemala City. Very comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank seekingmoments
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Less than two minutes to Guatemala Airport, very dependable shuttle to and from. Located in a secure, gated street. Nice sized rooms, very clean. No worries traveling as a solo woman here.They will give you yogurt, fruit, orange juice, and hot water for tea or coffee if you need to leave prior to their breakfast service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank starburst4
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Close to the airport which is good because if you arrange a shuttle from Antigua, it will drop you at Villa Toscana... well, not quite because it is in a sort of gated neighbourhood, so you need to walk 100m. The staff are great and go out of their way to help. The single room I had was a generous size, the garden is tranquil, the area is quiet and SECURE, and even though I had to check out before breakfast (included in the tariff), they gave me a granola bar and some orange juice at 4 a.m. as a sort of concession.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here only one night due to its proximity to the airport, as we were arriving in the evening and leaving to Flores the next morning. The first problem was, our connecting flight to GUA was delayed by 1.5 hours and we had no means of letting them know. Of course, when we were outside of the arrivals hall, no one was waiting for us, as it never occurred to them to check the new arrival time instead of going away. I had to call the hotel 3 times to make them send the driver again. First time the owner said, the driver is there waiting for us, but we couldn't find anyone. And then I called again and said, please call the driver and ask where he exactly is. After the third call, from an international phone number of course, the driver came finally. The place was so close to the airport, we realized that we could have walked instead of calling them, or take another cab instead of the phone call costs. They advertise that the pick-up included in the price until 9:30pm, but we lost so much time phoning and searching around that we were picked up a few minutes later than that. The owner did not make us pay the driver, but he also meant that is a nice gesture of him, we were too late. IMO, it was their fault, as we lost at least half an hour in search of the driver. Now, I am nice too, and counting this gesture as one star worth.
Second issue was that we booked the matrimonial suite room, as we thought a nice room would be a good treat after being on the road for 24 hours. But they gave us a small dump twin room on the ground floor, which was disappointing. Certainly not what we were expecting and booked ahead. As I understood someone else asked for the same room for a longer period, and they simply swapped the bookings. Nice! The room was the most expensive we stayed in Guatemala and it was not worth it at all. No value for money...
The next morning they gave us some juice and cookies to take away, for which I am giving another star. But that's it about this place. I would never stay there again, and cannot recommend at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank festival33
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Read the prior reviews of the hotel and was impressed so I decided on my last night in Guatemala City I would stay there. Wasn't disappointed.
I took the suite and wasn't disappointed.
From the owner on down to the staff I must say your Bed & Breakfast is wonderful.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone without any reservations.

Room Tip: I chose the suite and wasn't disappointed. Magnifique!! I don't think there's a bad room anywhere. It just depends on your level of comfort.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo