“A delightful seafood restaurant: Distrito 57”
Review of Distrito 57

Distrito 57
Ranked #46 of 670 Restaurants in Guatemala City
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I came to this restaurant with my wife, looking for a new seafood taste. This was an awesome experience!

We began with "Taquitos de chicharron de pulpo" (Fried octopus tacos, you know what I mean), a rocket of very good taste.

Our main plates were: Beach risotto & "el mero mero" (grouper fish). I am out of my mind, trying to describe this special flavor mix.

Try it!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I can't speak to the rest of their menu because the only thing I tried was their chicken tortilla soup but I LOVED this soup and would highly recommend it. The chicken is roasted (rather than poached) so it has a great depth of flavor. The broth is very nicely seasoned and not as light as traditional broth (yet somehow not heavy either). The avocado and tortilla strip garnished add nice textures and taste. Good stuff!

The location inside what seems to be a mall full of food courts is not very picturesque but we came fore the food and were satisfied with that. Service was friendly and attentive. A nice option in Zona Viva.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I always look forward to fish tacos. They served mediocre ones, noyhing to set them apart from Taco Bell except the high prices

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We started with a sort of beer cocktail (see photo). First half glass is filled with ice, next Worcester sauce, then the tip is covered with a mixture of salt and chili powder, and finally the beer is poured. As option, you may add tomato juice.

As main dish a "Caldo de Mariscos" (seafood broth) with a side of tortillas, rice, avocado and lime. The taste is strong, a good variety of shells, a bit overcook shrimp and a tasteless crab.

To end, chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream. Jus one word: DELICIOUS.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Made reservations at this restaurant based on recommendation by the hotel. Service, drinks and the food was very good. The only issue I had with this establishment was the inclusion of DOLPHIN in their ceviche and a couple of other dishes. We obviously did not order them.