“Jenna's a great base from which to Explore”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Panajachel
Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Casa Loma, the actual title of Jenna's B&B, is a very comfortable house, galleria and annex near the shore of Lake Atitlan. Jenna kindly let us leave our bags at her place while we packed much more lightly and traveled across to Santiago Atitilan for two great days -more on that elsewhere, (One terrific suggestion was Jenna's.) Just a short stroll to one of the public docks, we walked back to Jenna's to find us nicely tucked in upstairs. There is a high deck from which you can gaze at the lake and volcanoes while tipping your favorite beverage, and a pleasant back yard to get away from the bustle of Panahachel.
Jenna lays out a bountiful, delicious and sociable table in the mornings. Good coffee, food and conversation. Jenna arranged two travel days for us and gave great advice.Hire the nice and knowledgeable guides who may offer themselves to you. We did so three times and was glad of each time. Overall, we had a terrific three days at Jenna's and we hope to go back.

Room Tip: Actually, I look forward to trying the other ones out. Jenna has created a nice yurt space in the ba...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer B, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for writing such a lovely review. It was very nice to have you here and of course I hope that you will visit again.
Just to be clear about this, Casa Loma is the name of the house and a hostal that used to be here years ago, but the name of the business is Jenna's B&B or Jenna's River bed and Breakfast.... but it is easy here to ask the locals for the name of the house....

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and I would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone travelling to Panajachel. Amazing value for money for what you get. We had a large comfortable room with comfy bed, lots of nice thick towels (even robes), hot strong reliable shower, generous and delicious breakfast, secure room and location, free strong reliable wifi in our room, very clean, and a friendly host who gave us all the information we needed on a map as soon as we arrived and then let us explore the area. The location is easy walking distance to bars and restaurants and shopping but far enough away that there is no noise at night. There's also a lovely garden and roof terrace where you can hang out if you like.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a very cozy B&B one block from the lake run by a woman I guarantee you will just love. Jennifer cooks a fantastic, made-from-scratch breakfast every morning at whatever time we asked. In addition, she has a gallery on premises with some very unique and beautiful pieces. Check out her hand-made hammocks as well.

Our room was very comfortable and cleaned beyond our expectations each day. In-room WiFi is included, a big plus for Guatemala.

We recommend bringing earplugs anywhere in Guatemala as the roosters don't have alarm clocks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I felt like I was home from the start. I even stayed an extra night because I didn't want to leave! Jenna helped me with my shuttle bus to Antigua. The hostel is very clean and the breakfast is heavenly good. Close to the lake and mainstreet. Won't forget this place. Definitely worth a try!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Evelyne1990
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you are planning a stop in Pana - I highly recommend staying with Jenna. A short walk from the hustle and bustle, just one block from the edge of the lake the location puts you in the perfect place to relax, enjoy and explore. The rooms are immaculately clean and beautifully decorated with so much personality and charm - you truly get a taste of Guatemala and it's wonderful handicraft offerings. This is not only in the rooms, but also in the main house and garden. There are many areas to sit and relax, all beautifully adorned with Guatemalan flair. In addition to an entertainment area there is a fire place and an art gallery featuring many different crafts and artists from the area.

I would highly recommend indulging in the family style breakfast Jenna and her staff prepare. Always fresh and featuring traditional fare. It is delicious and big sogo hungry and get charged up for a day touring the lake, hiking the surrounding area, or shopping the markets.

Last but not least, Jenna herself is a gem. Full of enthusiasm and helpful knowledge. Anything you are interested in doing - she will help you find the perfect connection to make it happen. Wanna learn traditional cooking techniques? Done. Figure out what is going on in the different lake towns and if you need a guide? No problem. Try out local weaving on a loom? Just ask. She has lived in the area for years, is a talented artist in her own right and is more than happy to make your stay the most relaxing or eventful as you wish.

I will certainly be back. Thank you Jenna for your time, care, and attention to detail. You made our stay in Pana wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 21 June 2014

First of all, let me say just start by saying that this is by farrrrrrr the place to stay while in Pana!

Jenna is not only a great host but truly an artist, and as any artist, this hotel is the reflection of her love and dedication!

You can tell that every detail was closely look at, from the beautiful garden to the rooms and common areas. Breakfast was simply amazing, not just the food but the company... In what kind of hotel you get the opportunity to eat with the owner and share just like family? Another reason of why Jenna's B&B is not just another B&B but definitely a boutique hotel!

While my stay, I wanted to propose to my girlfriend and Jenna helped me with everything, from having the champagne cold to using her beautiful crystal glasses. You can tell she was excited and sincere about helping me and this is something that I would thank her always!

The only negative thing I have to say about my stay is that I needed to leave this gorgeous place, which from now on, I would call my home in Pana!

Thank you Jenna for making our stay unforgettable! I can't wait to be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FranciscoRobert
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A homey B & B with a delightful hostess. The room had a super comfy bed (none of those thin, lumpy pillows so common in Central America). The bathroom had hot water, a rarity in the region. Every morning there is a fresh pitcher of water placed in your room. Breakfast is a delicious family style affair with homemade jams, breads, fresh squeezed orange juice and more. Jenna makes this place what it is, she is sweet, welcoming, interesting and full of helpful information. While staying here, I came down with food poisoning from a local restaurant, and spent two days in bed. Jenna checked in on me throughout the day. Breakfast was brought to me in my room. Someone went to the pharmacy to pick up medicine for me. Jenna helped to reschedule my travel plans. Being ill away from home is not fun, but I was fortunate to be so well looked after. I rave about this place to anyone who will listen. Do not look further, do yourself a favor and stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo