“My Favorite in Panajachel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mario's Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panajachel
Mario's Rooms
Ranked #3 of 34 Panajachel B&B and Inns
Topeka, Kansas
“My Favorite in Panajachel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stay at Mario's Rooms whenever I am in Panajachel because of the warm and friendly staff and owners! If feels like home for me because I have been staying there for several years when in Pana. The rooms are very clean and I love all the flowers in the courtyard. I always feel safe and secure at Mario's Rooms. The breakfast is included and is wonderful! They have the best home made yogurt in Pana! I love their fruit and yogurt bowls!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed there with our 2 kids - 6 months old and 2.5 years old.

Very convenient location on the main ( and busiest) street in Pana but very quiet inside. We were one of the very few guests at that time which added to the atmosphere of quietness and emptiness. (Which we actually enjoyed)

No common area so i suppose not an ideal place to meet and chat to other people ( if someone is looking for that) and does not have the feel of backpackers hostels which are often more than the roof and good bed ;)

The room we had (downstairs at the end of the courtyard) was good size, had its private bathroom, towels ( nice if you are travelling only with a synthetic type of camping towels), basic toiletries, a glass of water, very secure (!) safe deposit box in the room ( never found in any other budget accomodation but very useful if you all want to go swimming), a small tv. There was a table and a chair outside the room as well as a hammock ( if think the only one in the hotel).

Breakfast was basic but inlcuded in the price (apart from Antigua and Pana we never found again a budget place with breakfast) - you actually have a choice of 4 options. Eggs and beans is the winner i would say.

The staff ( a lady who cleaned the rooms, washed by hand all bed linen and did the reception duty) was very nice and friendly. But there was no owner present like in some other places who likes to talk to the guests and is ready to give advice and tips about local area.

Look out for colibers in the courtyard full of lush plants :)

And make sure you have a repellent as lots of mosquitoes in the rooms. I wish there were mosquito nets

Room Tip: We liked the rooms downstairs at the back of the courtyard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Doroshi
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Mario's! The staff there are so friendly and the hotel is beautiful! It is full of gorgeous, colorful gardens amongst the patio and I even saw a hummingbird! My only complaint is that my room was pretty small and there wasn't a fan to keep cool, but all in all, I'd for sure go there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Austin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay but not very spacious. I could feel the springs in my bed. Very friendly staff. The breakfast included is mínimum. Avoid the oatmeal looks like a runny soup without the oats. Best if you are on a budget. It is very close to an ATM.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We enjoyed our 5 night stay at Mario's Rooms. The rooms are simple but very clean and far enough away from the busy road to ensure a good nights sleep. The location can't be beaten. A good value option!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

This place is just far enough from the busy portion of Panajachel to be quiet at night. It seemed to be a pretty safe area. Not a lot going on in the hotel itself but walking distance to everything Pana has to offer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brent_hall11
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at Mario's rooms this week. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms were spotless. I even had to look under the bed because I dropped my phone, and there was not a spot I dust anywhere! Would definitely stay again if I came back to Pana.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends