“Delicious”

Pupuseria Cheros
Ranked #11 of 80 Restaurants in Panajachel
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Here are other mentions of this awesome place on the web: http://www.mayanadventure.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=76%3Acheap-eats&id=291%3Apupuseria-cheros&Itemid=398 http://www.suite101.com/content/top-10-things-to-do-at-lake-atitln-a181873
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I live in Panajachel and I love Pupusas. I've had them all over Central American and these rank among my favorite. Chero makes good Margaritas, too. This is definitely a local place and if you want to get off the gringo trail, I recommend you stop by for at least a drink. The only inconvenient thing is that they have weird hours. Sometimes open only after 6-7 PM. As a side note, good, fresh food takes time to make, so if you want "2 minute pupusas" that make you diarrhea all over the chicken bus, go to the market.

2  Thank Mohit M

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We didn't really know what to expect but we enjoyed the food none the less. It was interesting to make the food as well.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The pupusas here are delicious. However, make sure you have a lot of time to wait for your lunch. It can take 30 min or more even if you are the only one in the place. I don't quite understand this as I have gotten pupusas made in 2 minutes from street vendors in other places in Guatemala. However, if you are desperate for pupusas as I sometimes am, and have time to wait, you will love the food, and the cheap price. The place is a bit dark and dingy for me, but the food makes it worth it.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was in Guatemala visiting friends who have a place in Pana. They told me it was a must that we go there (they have been going for years).
Food was delicious and Chero was very friendly. Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

So glad to find this place in Guatemala. Great little corn jewels packed with flavor of frijoles, cheese, pork, and other offerings as you choose , dinner for 2, about $12. Chero(owner) is a native El Salvadoran but been here 15 years. Small place and each meal is made fresh when ordered. This is very simple food but so fresh and served piping hot. Add hot sauce to your own liking. What a great find on main street close to the popular Circus Bar. Try it, you'll love it.

3  Thank papatom69