“Excellent.”

Pupuseria Cheros
Ranked #11 of 77 Restaurants in Panajachel
Cuisines: Latin, Salvadoran, Central American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Here are other mentions of this awesome place on the web: http://www.mayanadventure.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=76%3Acheap-eats&id=291%3Apupuseria-cheros&Itemid=398 http://www.suite101.com/content/top-10-things-to-do-at-lake-atitln-a181873
Panajachel, Guatemala
“Excellent.”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The popusas here are one of the best I've had, I try to go here a few times a month. I like mixing the different varieties of ingredients. Like mushroom-garlic popusa. Its well worth it, even though sometimes you may have to wait a while; that shouldn't stop you.

Visited April 2013

Lake Atitlan
“A corner of El Salvador in Guatemala”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I love Chero's pupusas, I have lunch every days out of the office and this place is on top of my list and I make sure to visit it once a week...The best I can pre order by phone and then just go and they are ready or just for take out.. My favorite the one with Lorocco

• Visited June 2013
Austin, Texas
“Delicious”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I live in Panajachel and I love Pupusas. I've had them all over Central American and these rank among my favorite. Chero makes good Margaritas, too. This is definitely a local place and if you want to get off the gringo trail, I recommend you stop by for at least a drink. The only inconvenient thing is that they have weird hours. Sometimes open only after 6-7 PM. As a side note, good, fresh food takes time to make, so if you want "2 minute pupusas" that make you diarrhea all over the chicken bus, go to the market.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Mohit M
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Small place but great food!”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We didn't really know what to expect but we enjoyed the food none the less. It was interesting to make the food as well.

Visited June 2013
El Paso, Texas
“Great pupusas, great value, but SLOW”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The pupusas here are delicious. However, make sure you have a lot of time to wait for your lunch. It can take 30 min or more even if you are the only one in the place. I don't quite understand this as I have gotten pupusas made in 2 minutes from street vendors in other places in Guatemala. However, if you are desperate for pupusas as I sometimes am, and have time to wait, you will love the food, and the cheap price. The place is a bit dark and dingy for me, but the food makes it worth it.

• Visited April 2013