“Sorry for the delay, Mike!”
Review of Crossroads Cafe

Crossroads Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Panajachel
Description: This is one of the most popular coffee shops in Panajachel especially with the ex-pat population. Run by Michael, he finds, buys, roasts, grinds, and serves the best beans in Guatemala! And then washes the dishes and loves every minute of it. We hope to meet you soon over a cup of coffee and hear your story!
Roanoke, Virginia
“Sorry for the delay, Mike!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Mike was an awesome person to meet. I was meeting a friend there with my husband and we had a blast hanging out for an hour and a half with him before she got there. The coffee is AWESOME as are the cinnamon rolls! I'm a sucker for those things! Get the "La Gloria Blend" before you leave Pana-- you won't regret it! Love ya, Mike, and we miss ya Crossroads!

-Leah & Jimmy Glazier

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
“The best coffee, cake, and conversation!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best coffee shop in Panajachel! I was introduced to Cross Roads Cafe last year while on vacation and decided to return again this year. Mike and Adele are wonderful people who also happen to serve amazing coffee and deserts! Do not come to Panajachel and bypass the best coffee shop in Guatemala.

Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“BEST PLACE IN PANA (and perhaps in the world)”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Yes, the rumors are true...the coffee is amazing! In addition to the amazing coffee, I've had the most delicious homemade cakes, pies, and brownies my taste buds have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. I DREAM about the carrot cake and I'm not even kidding...
The best part about Crossroads is that it feels like home and that's the simple truth. This isn't just an ex-pat place either... Mayans, Guatemalans, and gringos alike are always represented in Crossroads. As for Mike, he is a truly awesome and inspiring guy. He creates a friendship with every single person who walks into his cafe and you will not leave Crossroads without first hearing a crazy story or two! If you're like me, you might even leave inspired to the point of making some radical life changes.

Oh, another thing...the hours are CONSISTENT! And God bless because ya can't say that for every "top coffee shop" in Pana!

• Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful spot to return to again and again”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I lived in San Marcos for a while in 2010 and I used to go across the lake to this spot for a cup of joe. Mike was always super friendly (he even helped arrange a nice hotel stay in another town on the lake for my friends and I on a kayak adventure!) and it was a great spot to meet people sitting around the bar. I also liked going and sitting by myself at the little table in the back and reading some of the interesting books they have on the shelf.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great coffee, amazing company”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We heard this was the place to get coffee, some even said it was the best in Guatemala, so we had to try it. I couldn't agree more! The coffee was the best I've ever had. We ended up going almost every day possible. On our first visit, the owner, Mike, gave us a personal tour of his coffee storage and explained the process of how the beans get transported and then roasted/ready to grind and brew. Although we met some amazing people in Guatemala, Mike was one of the most inspiring and gracious. He was genuinely interested in making our visits as positive as possible, and he had some amazing life stories and advice. Even if you are only in Panajachel for an hour, this is a place you need to go!

Visited March 2014