“Surprising”

Ranked #13 of 83 Restaurants in Panajachel
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Imported meat, seafood and nice collection of wine and liquers
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I have been staying in the Lake Atitlan area for a week or so and wanted to go to a nice place. I thought Chez Alex was very good and in fact the only thing I think they could improve on is a better wine selection. Pura Vida

Reviewed 18 November 2012

pricey. and if you don't care about that it is wonderful service decent wine and quiet enough to talk.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stopped at Chez Alex after an extremely long day of hiking in the highlands of Guatemala. We only had snacks but did manage to drink a couple of the best margaritas we had ever had. On the second visit the owner sent us over some complimentary appetizers. Worth the expense for a great drink.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Chez Alex has everything to be a success... Wonderful location, beautiful classy dining room and a very attractive menu. However, I was very disappointed to be have chosen to go to that particular restaurant. I had a filet mignon and my friend the Lamb. His dish was a little bit better presented than mine, but still... I find that place quite ordinary for the price, from the food, the choice of side dish presented with the food (steamed frozen vegetable and potatoes...) and other little details such as that you have to pay extra to get bread on your table... really? A very disappointing dinner of Q500 for two people, I just don't think it's worth the ride... Too bad, since I was expecting a wonderful culinarian experience from that one and almost only and only high class restaurant in Pana...

Reviewed 9 March 2012

My friends ate here recently and have raved about the food ever since. they have eaten in the very best restaurants worldwide and were impressed by the quality of dishes prepared here. Upscale and more expensive than the rest, but well worth the price according to those who went.