“Great Place”

Ranked #17 of 80 Restaurants in Panajachel
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Imported meat, seafood and nice collection of wine and liquers
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had dinner at Chez Alex Nov 2013. I was part of a large group, most with separate checks. We were seated promptly in the courtyard and well attended to. Waiters spoke English and it was an easy comfortable time and a great meal. I can't remember if the tip was included in the bill but look to see that it is and feel free to add a little. I think places add the tip because otherwise it won't happen. It's not the best way to go about it IMO but it is what it is and I respect that. Anyways I had a great dinner here, zero concerns about hygenic food but I declined ice in my drink as I always do regardless of where I am outside USA. The wine was pretty good. The banos were clean.

There are newer reviews for Chez Alex

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This has got to be the best restaurant I have visited in Guatemala. The food is Great at affordable prices. You get a three course meal for less than 100 Quetzal! The staff speaks English and they give you excellent service.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This place caught my eye several years ago walking thru Pana. It looked so nice I thought I could not afford it, but the prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food, which is excellent. It looks fancier than the prices actually are. Sitting in the window watching people walk by and stopping to read the menu I want to motion to them to come in and try it. I'm so glad we did!

We've eaten there twice on this trip and will probably have several more meals there. This is the only place in Pana where I would dare eat a salad. Craving fresh veg we tried the Greek salad which was great, the mushroom appetizers were outstanding. Snook (local and fresh) presented with capers, lemon, and butter was perfectly cooked, beautifully plated and delivered with grace and charm.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

With its fantastic atmosphere , service and quality of food and wine- this is the place to go out in panajachel.Great experience!

4  Thank Gustavotto
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The restuarant has a nice ambiance and a great
menu.

Try the fish as its fresh and prepared just right.

Prices are good value and the service is very good too.

3  Thank Gabe H