“Great find”
Review of Circus Bar

Circus Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 Nightlife in Panajachel
More attraction details
Owner description: The locals head to this busy night spot to enjoy good friends, good drink and a little flirting.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great find”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We spent five weeks in panajachel l earlier this year, and wound up at the Circus Bar several times. Though known as a pizza joint, we actually enjoy other things more. Their salads are surprinsingly great ... Huge, fresh greens, interesting well thought out toppings. Their filet steak was delicious, huge and cooked perfectly. Pizzas are very good, though the dough is a little, well doughy, for my taste. Good toppings though. It's is crowded and tables can be cramped, but it's all part of the atmosphere. Good live music.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Sally680

Minneapolis, MN
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Good safe food”
Reviewed 3 April 2012 via mobile

Great place to go in Pana and be able to trust what you are eating. I thought the prices were a little high for Guat but enjoyed myself otherwise. The live music makes it a great spot.

1 Thank GoodLori
Boston, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great pizza”
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I've had dinner at Circus Bar on both my visits to Panajachel and both times have been fun and good food. It's clearly a very popular place. Great pizza, nice service. They seem to have live music quite often. I'd go here again.

1 Thank TravelingSwede
Québec city canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“food”
Reviewed 10 November 2004

Looking a nice cozi place to eat with friends or alone, look for the Circus Bar Restorante, it is a very well serve, quality food, music, services.

We love the pasta and the pizza, the beer is fresh also.

meet new friends and keep going eating great food at small price.

your friend,

Pierre

4 Thank pierre4601
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fun for my first Panajachel experience!”
Reviewed 10 June 2004

This was a really fun place to go. We had originally started out at a disco, but hated the loud, boisterous music. So, we decided to check out some local musicians at the Circus Bar.

The wait-staff was great and the bar-goers to our liking. (It was more for our thirty-something crowd than the disco.) The drinks and the food came quickly. The atmosphere was moderately laid-back and come-as-you are. It was a very international crowd...we sat with people from Argentina who were very willing to allow us to crowd in with them at their table.

But, we went there for the musicians...if we had paid American ticket prices for a great concert, the money would not equal the value of the talent that these folks had. I wish I had grabbed the name of the band, because they were AWESOME! The table that we had was perfect for our large group to watch them (when you walk in, you'll pass the bar and go to the right...the table is near a "window" that leads to a decorative area with no other tables). At the end of the set, the band walked around for donations and would not accept them from the women at our table...they just smiled at us as we reached in our purses and waved their hands.

I left the group early (about 12:00 a.m.) and because Panajachel is not the place for a single female to be walking around at night, the security guard at the bar got me a cab that took me back to my hotel.

A great experience...definitely...especially if you want to meet people, have a good time, and enjoy wonderful music.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member