“Fun for my first Panajachel experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Circus Bar

Circus Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 Nightlife in Panajachel
More attraction details
Owner description: The locals head to this busy night spot to enjoy good friends, good drink and a little flirting.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fun for my first Panajachel experience!”
Reviewed 10 June 2004

This was a really fun place to go. We had originally started out at a disco, but hated the loud, boisterous music. So, we decided to check out some local musicians at the Circus Bar.

The wait-staff was great and the bar-goers to our liking. (It was more for our thirty-something crowd than the disco.) The drinks and the food came quickly. The atmosphere was moderately laid-back and come-as-you are. It was a very international crowd...we sat with people from Argentina who were very willing to allow us to crowd in with them at their table.

But, we went there for the musicians...if we had paid American ticket prices for a great concert, the money would not equal the value of the talent that these folks had. I wish I had grabbed the name of the band, because they were AWESOME! The table that we had was perfect for our large group to watch them (when you walk in, you'll pass the bar and go to the right...the table is near a "window" that leads to a decorative area with no other tables). At the end of the set, the band walked around for donations and would not accept them from the women at our table...they just smiled at us as we reached in our purses and waved their hands.

I left the group early (about 12:00 a.m.) and because Panajachel is not the place for a single female to be walking around at night, the security guard at the bar got me a cab that took me back to my hotel.

A great experience...definitely...especially if you want to meet people, have a good time, and enjoy wonderful music.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member