“German bakery with average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Kitsch

Cafe Kitsch
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Panajachel
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Villages, FL
“German bakery with average food”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Bakery items looked fantastic but after tasting not so impressed. The banana bread tasted like pure dirt. The cheesecake was like the jello variety you buy in the pre packaged area of jello products, really bad. Cookies were dry and tasteless.
Hamburger was delicious so I heard someone say but I had the chicken pita which came out on a huge white bread roll with the chicken being so small I could hardly find it among the wilted lettuce all slimy and not edible. Cost of chicken sandwich was about $6.00 so normal for Panajachel prices but should have gone elsewhere.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jakartamoon

Republic of Brooklyn
“alright with the sausages”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

it's right on the main drag which can be a bummer if you're not the social type. the food was all nice good mustard surprisingly
they have vegan and meat varieties.
Bakery is very nice also.

• Visited April 2013
San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
“Come Here For the Vegan Menu”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This place typically would receive a lower rating from me, but I cannot bring myself to give a three star rating to a vegan restaurant in Panajachel, Guatemala. Just for the sake of having access to such a luxury in such a location automatically jumps the rating up a notch.

The food was decent. Nothing to rave about. Nothing to complain about either. Despite the fact it's vegan, there is not really an attempt at health consciousness. It is mainly meat substitutes that are attempting to mimic our meaty favorites – done adequately well. If you like vegan comfort food then you will likely be satisfied. I personally have a palette that craves healthier tasting fare. They have a pretty extensive bakery too and everything looked tasty although I did not order anything personally.

The service is pretty terrible, well, bad to terrible, I'll say. I just really don't like the feeling I get when I go to a restaurant and feel as though I am putting the server out when I ask for nothing out of the ordinary. At the end of the meal I received sort of a half smile, and I kind of hung onto that because I like to think that humanity is good.

The location is easy – just past the turn off onto Calle Santander on the left hand side.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank mackmost
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Delicious Gluten Free Soups”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Everytime I want to spoil myself or a friend, I have a soup at Café Kitsch. The size is enough to share and It comes with a delicious gluten free bread. Being Celiac, I am so happy to have a restaurant where I can have, a sandwich, a soup or a cookie. I do recommend the place very much.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank glaziergirl
Lake Atitlan
“My favorite vegan place in Panajachel”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Finally Robert got a place together to enjoy his great food..
Check the Ujuxte licuado... made from the Mayan Superfood Ramon ...

Visited May 2013