“Hotel Primavera in Panajachel”
Review of Hotel Primavera

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Panajachel
Hotel Primavera
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Hotel Primavera is where I stay in Panajachel when I'm on buying trips in Guatemala. It's located right near the top of Avenida Santander which is the main street that runs right down to Lake Atitlan. The staff are all really nice and friendly and rooms are really clean and nicely set up. I like room #8 because it's much quieter than most of the other rooms that are on the street side. It has one double/queen size bed and the floors are nicely tiled. The bathroom is a bit small but the shower itself is a good size and has a glass door. It has beautiful tile work and the water pressure is good with plenty of hot water. TV is small but has quite a few channels. The staff can do laundry for you for a decent price. Room #8 has a separate door that leads right onto the veranda of room #9 so if you need two rooms it would work out really well. Right next door to the hotel is a coffee shop/bakery that has some really nice rolls - sweet or savory. Best to call the hotel directly for reservations. Phone (with country code) [--].

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank AnnieBelize

Reviewed 24 August 2009

We spent one night at Hotel Primavera in July 2009 and I would stay again. Although it was simple and lacked any charm, Primavera was clean quiet, and comfortable. The foam mattress bed okay, but the hot water was plentiful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnothersEyes
Reviewed 20 March 2009

What a sweet little place, well located for one's first few nights in Pana. We had room #1 which does not face the front, busy street (even so, you will still need your earplugs...it is Guatemala with barking dogs & crowing roosters!). Felt very safe, our room was simple, but well appointed with small TV. Bathroom is tiny so not good for heavyset person, but clean with nice tile work. Manager is kindly, only speaks Spanish and they were happy to lock up our luggage and store while we were on a tour after we checked out. It was only US $40 for my son and me per night. Will absolutely stay there again. Only complaint is that you need to call to make reservations. Website not set up to schedule your stay.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I arrived in Pana without a reservation on a Saturday afternoon and found the two hotels that were first on my list were both booked. Those both were off the main street, and I picked them to avoid a noisy location. I ended up at the Hotel Primavera because other passengers on my shuttle were staying there and said their guide books recommended it. It was a wonderful experience.

The room was very modern, with a small TV, an internet conncection, and an up-to-date bathroom that included a glass-enclosed shower stall with amazingly hot water that seemed to be unlimited. The towels were high-end and very soft. The room was very clean and well-cared for. My room, #5 overlooked the main street, and it was just a couple blocks from Pana Rock, a bar that played loud music until well after midnight. If you're looking for a quiet room, choose a different one. I was fine wearing earplugs, but a barking dog in the street woke me up in the morning.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I spoke Spanish with them, but they did a good job speaking English with a couple who didn't speak much Spanish. They had lots of good information for me about the lanchas (boats) that take you to other cities around Lake Atitlan. I wasn't leaving until 4 pm on Sunday, and they put my overnight bag in a locked closet so that I didn't have to drag it along with me as I went exploring.

The posted price was $30 U.S. per night for one person and $40 for two people, but they gave me the room for $20 U.S. ... cash. That was probably because it was around 5 pm on a Saturday night, and they had few prospects for filling the rooms. All in all, it was the best value I've ever found in any of my travels. I've found rooms at that price, but NEVER one so clean, modern and charming!

It is on the main street that leads down to Lake Atitlan, and the street is lined with restaurants, shops and street vendors. The only downside is that it is on the far end of the street, about 7 or 8 long blocks from the water. I don't mind walking at all, so it was no problem for me, but there was definitely no lake view, and it would be a far walk for someone elderly or not in very good shape.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Kleetampa
Reviewed 17 July 2008

Found it based on tripadvisor.com. I traveled with my husband and two teenage daughters. Had everything teenagers like: tv, on the main shopping/coffee shop strip, and a decent bed. The showers are fantastic. We were in a room directly over the street and i was worried about the noise, but it wasn't terrible. I think latin america tends to be loud, anyway, so i am more used to it possibly. We stayed on a sun and mon night, also - and i would believe that the weekends would be a bit louder. I thought it was a great value. Part of the deal is parking for an extra 20Q a night at the Texaco station which is just a few blocks away - secure and close and we had no problems. I would definitely stay there again for the price. It is a good place to head out from on day trips, etc.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank desertmidwife
Reviewed 1 June 2008

I couldn't book this hotel online but i kept it in mind when we arrived to Panajachel. It was right in the beginning of Calle Santander - the main street in the city and we had no problems with getting a room. I am very picky when it comes to chose a room but the front manager showed us at least 4-5 rooms before we settled with #8, it's on the second level with a fireplace and it's own private staircase.
Rooms are spacious with big windows and nice beds. Hot water was present at all times.
The hotel doesn't have a parking space but they let us park a car right in front and kept an eye on it when we went on a tour around Lago de Atitlan. The hotel also has a very nice restaurant and a great souvenir shop.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 September 2007

My wife and I just spent three nights at this small well appointed hotel and we enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff could not have been kinder and helpful Special kudos to Carmen, Marta, Enrique and Orlando. My wife had a bad accident in Chi Chi and we were whisked away to a hospital in Solala and cared for like we were old friends. The hotel could not be more convenient to everything. It is right on the main drag next door to restaurants ,bars, internet cafes ,and is a people watching pleasure. Room was large clean, hot water all you want. I would return there anytime and send all my friends and fellow trip advisor members.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple