“Adequate accommodation”
Review of Hotel Kakchiquel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Panajachel
Hotel Kakchiquel
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night whilst with a tour group. We were located a few floors up from the ground. No lifts but wide, easy to manage stairs. Hotel situated in the centre of town close to restaurants etc.

Bedroom was spacious for two persons, bathroom was a comfortable size. Room and bathroom were clean and well laid out. No in room safe. Free wifi which worked best when sitting outside of room in the communal area. Do not recall whether there was an air con or fan, however weather was quite mild during our visit.

Unfortunately I was unwell the afternoon and night of this visit so mostly slept.

Hotel has a pool with a nice mural painted on the wall behind it. Pretty gardens flank the pool courtyard and I spied a hummingbird enjoying the flowers the morning we were leaving.

Didn't have much to do with the staff but reception were pleasant.

Although my friend and I had no issues with our room, the room across from us, also occupied by some of our group, had a severe cockroach infestation and they had to stay with some other group members.

From my experience, an average budget accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Kakchiquel

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We got here accidentally, but we liked it.
Very friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms, good beds, right in the center of Pana.
Disadvantage can be the noise, especially during the weekends. But when traveling through Latin America I always carry ear plugs in my luggage, so it didn't bother me too much.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Our mission team has stayed here for the last three years. First, the good news: nice, helpful staff, nice size room with comfortable bathroom, internet, good continental breakfast, good location.

However, attention needs to be paid to the "little things": non working toilets, window latches that fall off in your hand, not enough towels. Also, once again, not all of our 12 rooms had hot water: some did, some did not. Things like this frustrate a traveler.

Sadly, we will probably not go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

It started well but then I hated it! Couldn't sleep for most of the night after killing three HUGE roaches that came out in the middle of the night, can't imagine it being a clean place after that. The staff is nice but they really need to fumigate that place..

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank L289
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I love this hotel for what it has to offer. It is clean, the staff goes above and beyond, it has several English speaking tv channels, and local to a lot of activity. Also within a short walk of Lake Attilan and all it has to offer. I did not rate this hotel a 4 star based on its amenities, but on what it has to offer for the price paid.

Breakfast included, wifi available (but you may have to leave your room to have access), staff is considerate and try very hard to make your stay as perfect as possible, sheets/bedding are clean, room is clean, enough towels (ask for facecloths). Several people have complained about the beds, and I agree that they are not top notch. But, we were so busy during the day we really didn't notice it very much.

Do not expect the Ritz or Hilton, and you will enjoy your stay. If you have it, bring a white noise machine to drown out the local rooster that awakes at 2am...or the midnight revelers that get louder as the night progresses. There is no phone to the concierge desk, no smoke detectors, no elevator, and the showers were nicknamed the "ponds".

Hotel Kakchiquel may not be luxurious, but if you know what to expect, you will not be disappointed. My husband and I both agree that we would definitely go back to Guatemala any time, and would enjoy staying at Kakchiquel again.

Wishing you a wonderful journey

Room Tip: Bring a white noise machine lots of neighborhood noise,. WIFI does not work on 3rd floor, but there...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was the last hotel in our tour with Intrepid and considering the standard of the previous ones I found it more than acceptable. The room was large with a comfortable bathroom, the staff very kind (the only ones till now who offered to carry my luggage), internet is present also in the rooms and there are even computer available in the lobby. The location is very good, near the lake and not far from the beautiful natural reserve. I would rate it very good in its category and price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed here for about 5 nights while on a medical volunteer trip with classmates.
Positives: The hotel is located on the main strip of Pana, which we loved as restaurants and shopping are nearby. The staff were very nice and accommodating. The hotel offered free wifi, which was working during our stay. Our room always had clean sheets and towels. Clean water jugs were in all reception areas, so it was easy to refill water bottles. The continental breakfast was basic, but tasty.
Negatives: We did spot a couple cockroaches in our room. The beds were rather hard, and the single pillow was quite thin and lumpy.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends