This is the best kept secret at Lake Atitlan. You may have to cross the lake from Panachel to get there, but that in itself is part of the charm of going. You can also drive around the lake to Santiago. However, taking a boat is awesome as you cross the waters surrounded by three volcanos.
Once you get there, the hotel has excellent food. You might not be served fast… but you are not there to be in a hurry! Everything is worth the wait. Bring a book and slow down! The food is very healthy and delicious. The staff is very friendly and helpful. One of the best views of the volcano is in the hot tub by the swimming pool, with a cocktail. We go there every year for Christmas/New Years and love it. The rooms are rustic and surrounded by a magical tropical fauna that really makes you feel a million miles away from wherever you came from. There is a massage room too for additional relaxation. Private stone bungalows with fire places, or group housing available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over seventeen years the Posada de Santiago has built a reputation for excellence among travel agencies, tour groups, and countless satisfied guests from across the globe. Nestled between the volcanoes that cradle the indigenous Tzutujil village of Santiago Atitlan, the Posada provides the perfect base from which to experience Guatemala's natural beauty and colorful cultures. With charming stone cottage lodgings, renowned cuisine and luxurious lake front amenities, the Posada is a place where happy guests want to return. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan