I stayed in a nearby rental house and ate many meals at Bambu. You can't beat their Lake-side perch overlooking Santiago lagoon. The water tends to be calmer and more reflective here, and a drink at sunset is heaven. With basic but good-tasting food, Bambu is always popular and sometimes service is slow (but friendly). They don't mind if you take your time, and there is always someone around to get a conversation going (great if traveling solo). The family that owns the property are very nice, and there are children and dogs around, making things easy-going. They can arrange boat trips for you, directly off their dock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect place to enjoy an excellent stay in Santiago Atitlan, Solola Guatemala. Two of our important ambitions are the satisfacton of our clients, and the utmost respect for the ecological environment of the region. We have fused our hotel with the landscape, preserving and beautifying with a gorgeous garden in which we offer our comfortable rooms and swimming pool for our guests. Each room has private bathrooms with hot water. In the architecture and design elements we have used a traditional tz’utujil village design like the wooden beams, carved stone raised on two separate porches with large wooden columns, and thatched roofs. The bungalows are romantic with their carved stone and thatch roofs, with private gardens, terraces, and bathrooms with hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel and Restaurant Bambu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bambu Santiago Atitlan
- Bambu Hotel Santiago Atitlan
- Hotel And Restaurant Bambu Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan