Hotel Finca Tatin
Hotel Casa Rosada(Livingston)
Dos Arboles(Livingston)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Casa De La Iguana(Livingston)
Hostelworld.com
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
All reviewstatinrope swingthe riverrio dulceeco lodgecommunal mealsjungle experienceenjoy natureevery nightmeet other guestsboat ridemosquito netan amazing placejungle soundsrestful sleepbring enoughhuge spider
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I wanted to experience the jungle side of Guatemala. This is a perfect place to do that. Be warned, they do not have electricity after 10 pm so bring a headlamp. You will need it. The rough cabins are suffciently comfortable, mine had a full bath. The water is not heated, but it was the only way to get cool, so I did not find that a problem. Hot water is availbe for a small fee, They have a shower that has it, you book that when needed.
Much time and thought has gone into the building of this eco friendly hotel. Love shows in all the work. It is a place to totally get away from life. The river is wonderful, the hot springs amazing. It is a famliy atmosphere, and just a cool place to hang out. Staff is helpful and friendly. This is a great place to bring a family. All ages could have a great time.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank susanmabry
Reviewed 23 April 2010

Together with my partner & my two childer of 5 & 7 years old we spent 3 days in the hotel. The trip in "Lancha (boat)" from Livingston to the finca is just like a trip through paradise.
We slept in the "delfin" house direct at the border of the river Tatin. It had two floors. The kids slept in their own bed on the ground floor next to the bath room with his own shower. We slept on the second floor. Our little house was very clean and had his own terrace.
The complete site consist out of little islands within the rainforest which are connect by a track. The river is very clean and ready to swim & canoe. The warm and calm water changes completely after it rained.
The hikes & excursions offered to the playa blance, the keyes in Belize, the hikes,...are just perfect.
The restaurant is fine but not great. Personally I missed some tasted but the kids loved it!
The backpacker atmosphere is well presented but it's open enough for families.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Tomasote
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Rustic but comfortable. Beautiful place with outstanding food. If you want a different experience and have a little adventure in your soul, this is the place. Plan to stay a few days, kayak , take a few tours, and just relax..

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diana7131
Reviewed 9 February 2010

We loved our stay here, partly due to the place and partly due to Paulo, the engaging host. He's full of information on the area and makes you feel welcome - and is also a very good massuese. The large common area is comfortable if badly lit, and our bungalow was very cozy. Swimming off the dock is nice, and Tatin is located near Aktenamit, a Mayan center, an easy kayak trip away. Meals were delicious and included a huge shrimp platter one night. You're likely to run into travellers from all over the world here, and there's an easy communal spirit to the place. A highlight is the Mayan sauna, don't miss that, they can fire it up in 15 minutes and you can run out and jump into the river when you get too hot.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ladybeesf
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I came to finca Tatin expecting to stay 1 night and ended up staying over a week. This is the kind of place that takes tranquillo to the limits. When I wanted to feel like I was the only person in the world I could, when I wanted to feel as if I was among my best friends and family I could. By far the best run and setup hostel I have ever been to, way ahead of its time. On the forefront of hostel technology. Simply amazing.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo