Hostal don Diego
US$81
Hotel Modelo(Quetzaltenango)
US$77
US$64
Hotel y Restaurante Villa Esmeralda(Quetzaltenango)(Great Value!)
US$45
Hotel Las Americas(Quetzaltenango)
US$78
US$71
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. The location is only 2 blocks from the main square and there are a lot of good places to eat nearby. I had a single room which was cheap and clean. The internet didn't really work well in my room and the shower wasn't really warm, but those were the only downsides. The staff was nice enough to let me check out late because I climbed Santa Maria the day I was supposed to leave.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Descent hostel if you are looking for a private room for a longer stay. The private rooms are nice, with windows and comfortable beds and the monthly rent isn't too much. Dorms are ok too. The hostel is quit big and has a good kitchen. Although the cooking gear can use some renewal.
The lady working at the hostel is very knowledgeable about anything to do in Guatemala and more than willing to help you out.

I would recommend it for long stayers, room tip are the rooms upstairs!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I spent Samana Santa here as there was nothing else to do, no buses, and no museums open. In saying that the staff here were great and constantly on the phone to see if any buses were moving. A short distance from the main plaza, so, very central. The rooms were comfortable with 3 communal shower and toilet. The place was kept clean and has a big kitchen. A good place to stay and not expensive.

Room Tip: All rooms would be okay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Position of accomodation is not bad. close to Quetzaltrekkers, close to town square. Toilits clean. Kitchen available, not so special, but works.

Private rooms, are very simple, nothing I can write about. I thing its only separated area with twin wooden desks.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I've stayed in Hostal Don Diego twice, for a total time of nearly two weeks. It's well-located, two blocks from central park and a decent grocery store.

Free internet is a great plus (but the hostel's computer is charged)

The kitchen needs better stock, some pans can spin 360 degrees on their handles, the remainder have no non-stick surface remaining.

The staff are courteous and friendly. I had to print one page out and the manager took care of it for me when I could not find anywhere to print a scanned document.

Both hot showers worked when I was first here, only one worked when I passed through again, but there was no line for it. Laundry facilities were there (but I hand-washed all my clothes) and hot water was available all times of the day for showers or for tea/coffee (not included).

I would stay here again. 45Q per night is decent for this good hostel.

I was here during the 7.4 Richter scale earthquake that struck 15 miles off the Pacific coast. The entire city shook and plaster came off the walls. This hostel held up just fine, the power didn't and was out for a few hours. I still managed to get my hair cut by one of the barber shops running a generator.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family