We recently stayed at this hotel and were disappointed by what we received and by the management of the hotel.
On arrival, we were given room no. 1. which is a small double room with an inadequate shower. The warmth of the water was fine, but to access the hot water you needed to run the water at a very slow trickle. Soon after, the toilet blocked, too. Also, the room lacks some privacy as people are able to see into the room through the glass door.
The next day we asked to changed the rooms and, with some reluctance from the management, we were able to do so. We were placed in room number 2 which was a lot better than room 1. It was spacious and it had 2 double beds. More importantly, the shower worked a lot better than the first one.
After changing rooms, I questioned myself why would they put us in an inferior, inadequate room when they had better rooms available? Especially, as there was almost nobody else staying in the hotel - most of the rooms were empty.
Also, after changing rooms, the management of the hotel spoke openly and rudely about us for the rest of the duration of our stay there. We could hear them talking about us constantly from our room. They acted as if we were to blame for everything that happened and seemed to be looking for anything possible to get angry about. This is totally unprofessional and inappropriate.
On the website, internet is advertised as being unlimited if you pay for the corporative rate. We paid this rate, but found that the hotel repeatedly turned off the internet service throughout the day and night. We repeatedly had to ask them to turn on the internet to be able to access it.
The good points about the hotel:
- the breakfast included was good, with a variety of choices. It was well made and presented.
- the staff were friendly and helpful.
- the rooms minus room no. 1 and the singles room(s) are large.
- the place is safe, secure and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- B & B Villa de Don Andres is a small hotel located one block from Central Park Quetzaltenango. In the historic center of the beautiful city of Los Altos . It is located in a beautiful house with lots of history and where details make the difference , it's a safe and quiet place in a familiar environment . We have eight themed rooms in honor of Quetzaltenango, single, double , triple, quadruple . All have private bathrooms and hot water. With services : room - breakfast , wifi , laundry. We support the community with selling crafts and regional food group classes . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your B&B Villa de Don Andres (Hotel) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa De Don Andres Hotel Quetzaltenango