See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 January 2018

WILL NOT REFUND A RESERVATION MADE IN ERROR
I booked a reservation for jan 13-20th and realized I had the wrong dates so went back in and changed my reservation for the 9-13. After I had booked my stay I realized this was 'San Jose Guatemala' not 'San Jose, Costa Rica' as I thought it was. I went back and cancelled my whole booking. this all happened within a 16 minute time frame.
I check my visa and the hotel has already charged me with $561.72 for a stay I never took even though I already cancelled my stay.
I phoned the hotel and they refused to refund me saying they have strict policies about refunds.
They sure had no problem taking my money immediately.
I have never had a hotel treat me in such a fashion before, completely deceitful and just plain unfair.
I have never dealt with a hotel this badly run before... I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. I will be posting my experience and reviews on every site about this hotel

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2017

What shame I was there only for 2 nights (gAdventures). Absolutely amazing place by the lake surrounded by palm trees. rooms very large, lovely bathroom, food exceptional good and lovely owner.. what more to expect...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

First the greats: great hospitality by owner and staff, nice swimming in lake, DELICIOUS marinated pork chops and chicken for dinner, best salad in Central America, good breakfast, great margaritas and frozen drinks! Rooms are large and ok, like so many places in the region, there is no a/c in the rooms so expect a few critters. But I love this place and would come back. Nice chairs to relax on by every room outside.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Stayed here on a G Adventures group tour. This is quite a lovely hotel in a small town. The location on the lakeside is really pleasant. Swimming in the lake from the hotel lawn was great and it is nice warm water. The hotel also has a couple of basic kayaks you can take out whenever you want. To swim you need to step over a short wall into mud and stones so take care. Wear flipflops to the lake edge.
The building our room was in was up a small gravel incline and separate from the main building that housed the laundry and kitchen. It was nice and modern, clean and tidy. There are tiny frogs hopping around on the path which are pretty cute.
The room was nicely decorated and comfortable with twin beds and a balcony with a great view. Furniture is modern and tidy. Bathroom is quite big and modern with a large shower space.
The man who greeted us (owner?) was very nice and made sure we knew to ask for anything we needed, as was the lady at the bar. I also enjoyed the meals here and eating outside under the canopy. The margarita was humongous and very nice.
We were able to put our laundry in together for our room which cut the cost down for us. It is line dried but came back quickly anyway and was folded.
Don't leave your balcony door open at night or with lights on as there are plenty of bugs around who will come inside. A can of bug spray was provided in the room which was reassuring touch - we didn't need it.
Wifi is only at the main building and not in the room. There is no TV either.
Our group used this hotel as a base for a trip to Flores. We were picked up by boat directly in front of the hotel which was very convenient. We also walked into the town centre (and pharmacies) from the hotel which took around 20 mins in the heat and slightly less time on the way back as it is downhill. We rang the bell on the gate to get back in on returning.
The pathway from the main entrance is grass and then raised stepping stones so you just need to be aware of where you step especially carrying your luggage.
Suitable for a vacation. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2016

This Motel is located well near shops and resturantes.The aspect is marvelous overlooking Lake Peten.Have a swim or a paddle in the canoe, laze about in the hammock or just sit on the grass with a drink.

Room Tip: The far wing has the best views, the close rooms are handy to the water.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple