“Lost World found”

US$40.00*
and up
Day Trip to Tikal from Flores
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lost World complex includes the Great Pyramid, the oldest visible building at the Mayan ruins site in Tikal, now a popular place to watch the sunset and feed the toucans.
Pickerington, Ohio
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lost World found”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Everything about this place is filled with wonder. I was so happy every moment I was there there is just too much to see for one visit.

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Interesting site- take care with guide choices”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We went to Tikal from Belize- to do this you have to go through border control and MUST change to a Guatemalan taxi. The Lost World / El Mundo Perdido part of Tikal is the oldest part of the city. Careful choice of guide is recommended as some guides are less knowledgable than others- suggest anyone going does some ground work for themselves first as some guides are not so well informed on e.g. rulers of Tikal, recent discoveries, chronology.

Visited August 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“So much more than I expected!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

It's hot and sticky, with 90% and in 4.5 hours, I walked 16 km, not counting the stairs, temples and pyramids I climbed. And I loved every moment of it! Tikal is so much more than I expected and it's stunning to realize that what I saw is just 20% of what's there. Climb everything you're allowed to climb, and open yourself up to the jungle experience. Take a guide, you'll learn and experience so much more. Watch for the howler monkeys, they're so cute. Wear the absolute best walking shoes you own and watch out for slippery sections of the trail, because it's so humid. A hat, sunscreen and mosquito repellant cream are essential and take as much water as you can carry. Absolutely do not forget your camera! Tikal was on my bucket list and far exceeded my expectations. I loved my day there!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“I don't have adequate superlatives”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Truly amazing. Our favourite part of the highlight of our Guatemalan experience. Don't miss this part of the complex. It's quiet, full of wildlife, and beautiful.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Wear hiking shoes”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I am out of shape so I saved my energy to climb the temple with man made steps. If you sit on the ledge and some stands above you it looks great! The walk thru the jungle is awesome with spider monkeys every where and Toucan birds etc. there are attack ants so do not wear open shoes or sandals.

Very hot and it was the winter season. I wore shorts and tank top and did not get bit once. Just use a lot of deet. I also wiped on with the wipes and then tied the wipe to my shoe laces. Also found it too hot to wear a hat.

Watch where you are walking so you don't trip. I would say it is a moderate hike to each location. As I said I am really put of shape.

Buy plenty of water. Luckily there was a shuttle that I jumped on so I didn't have to walk back thru jungle again to get to parking lot! I was soooo worn out!!!! There was a boy in a wheelchair so I guess the shuttle can take you to the sites.

2 Thank lyttle6