“Amazing”

US$70.00*
and up
Tikal Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lost World complex includes the Great Pyramid, the oldest visible building at the Mayan ruins site in Tikal, now a popular place to watch the sunset and feed the toucans.
Guatemala City, Guatemala
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

It is an amazing place, how the Mayans made this great infrastructure for so many years?. You have to walk a lot in the park, but time flies. If you love nature, you'll love Tikal.

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Pickerington, Ohio
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lost World found”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Everything about this place is filled with wonder. I was so happy every moment I was there there is just too much to see for one visit.

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Interesting site- take care with guide choices”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We went to Tikal from Belize- to do this you have to go through border control and MUST change to a Guatemalan taxi. The Lost World / El Mundo Perdido part of Tikal is the oldest part of the city. Careful choice of guide is recommended as some guides are less knowledgable than others- suggest anyone going does some ground work for themselves first as some guides are not so well informed on e.g. rulers of Tikal, recent discoveries, chronology.

Visited August 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“So much more than I expected!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

It's hot and sticky, with 90% and in 4.5 hours, I walked 16 km, not counting the stairs, temples and pyramids I climbed. And I loved every moment of it! Tikal is so much more than I expected and it's stunning to realize that what I saw is just 20% of what's there. Climb everything you're allowed to climb, and open yourself up to the jungle experience. Take a guide, you'll learn and experience so much more. Watch for the howler monkeys, they're so cute. Wear the absolute best walking shoes you own and watch out for slippery sections of the trail, because it's so humid. A hat, sunscreen and mosquito repellant cream are essential and take as much water as you can carry. Absolutely do not forget your camera! Tikal was on my bucket list and far exceeded my expectations. I loved my day there!

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“I don't have adequate superlatives”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Truly amazing. Our favourite part of the highlight of our Guatemalan experience. Don't miss this part of the complex. It's quiet, full of wildlife, and beautiful.

Visited July 2013