“Graham's Place, Guanaja Honduras”
Review of Graham's Place

Graham's Place
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Guanaja
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Family of four spent 7 nights, awesome food, awesome service, awesome bartenders, cleaner than you can imagine. Graham runs a real tight ship! Kite Boarding, snorkeling, bonefishing, waterfall hike, relaxing!! Had our own villa right on the beach, everything was great. Kids had a blast!!

Room Tip: Do the villa, its worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Definitely the must stay location if you are in the region. Picture-esq setting you will be hard pushed to find better. Good food, kiteboarding is a must try, possibly one of the best places to kite on the planet. Great people and friendly staff and owner.

We will be back for definate and look forward to our return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jamesboulding
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at Graham’s for 8 nights end of May, and it was hard to leave. Not only was the private island that Graham calls home picturesque but also the staff was delightful. Always friendly, helpful, accommodating, and warm hearted from whipping you up a special breakfast to showing the gringos like me how it’s really done on the dance floor. We were on a first name basis with the staff and all the other guests within a few days. But for those that prefer to keep to themselves, you’ll get privacy if that’s what you seek.

Graham’s was our home base from which we were able to organize daily kiteboarding lessons with Mike from Sweet Spot Watersports. Wind blew consistently every afternoon. Did a little standup paddle boarding. Hiked through the jungle to a water fall one day. Tried scuba diving for the first time, which was similar to the opening credits of the Little Mermaid (so active!). We took 4 planes to get there and 4 planes to get home, and it was well worth every minute. I’d gladly travel twice as far to reach Graham’s because it was so fun, relaxing, adventurous, and chill. I’ve been telling all my friends to go, and we’re planning to make it an annual trip.

I wish that I packed more bug spray (sandflies can be challenging), less clothing/toiletries (really don’t need much there – flip flops, shorts, linen pants, tanks, tees, swim suit), and less reading materials (because there was so much to do that I didn’t want to waste time with my nose in a book).

This kiteboarding video will give you a good idea of what you’ll see at Graham’s and how fun kiteboarding with Mike and the team is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh0zpH58yns

Room Tip: The main hotel looked beautiful, but the beach bungalows are awesome. Could probably fit a whole fam...
4  Thank quartR
Reviewed 6 July 2014

One word PERFECT. If in Guanaja do your best to get here as soon as possible lol, the place is stunning, beautiful, everything there is just ...perfect! The beach is a dream come true, it is mind blowing, what you see in youtube or in pictures in their website it is what you get once your are there,but pictures or videos dont make justice to the true gem this place is. You can see the care Mr. Graham puts on here every single day, all his pets are adorable, the service is flawless and so friendly, the food is great, the environment is awesome, I could go there a thousand times and never get tired, I snorkeled all over the beach and had the chance to observe some professional kite surfers doing their thing, all in all my boyfriend and I had the time of our life here, we absolutely recommend it

1  Thank Lourdes G
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was fortunate enough to stay at Grahams Place for 6 days in June 2014 for a wedding and it was a trip I will never forget. The water here is crystal clear with mountains in the background and its all 20 feet from your doorstep. I will always remember the staff as they are so friendly in a really genuine way. Borris, Carlos, Gilbert, the boat captains, Flavia, and everyone else were so amazing I cant thank them enough. The owner Mr. Graham can also be seen running the property on a daily basis and will go out of his way for any requests. I definitely hope to go back one day!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Simply put, there's nothing that could have made the experience at Graham's better. The staff at Graham's is the warmest and friendliest I've encountered in all my travels. You will know everybody there on a first name basis- they feel more like friends than people who "work for you". All of the rooms at Graham's offer a waterfront view and require no more than a 50ft walk from the door until your toes are in the water. Kitesurfing, SCUBA, snorkeling, standup paddleboarding, guided tours of the waterfall on the main island, and fly-fishing are among the activities offered at Graham's. Graham's is secluded and relatively small (literally an island unto itself) but you won't be wanting for anything when you're there- a place you can really get away without roughing it too much. If you're lucky you might be there at the same time as "Louie The Bugman"...

Reviewed 23 April 2014

By far this was the most relaxing, accommodating and beautiful place I have ever been. The food and drinks were great with a wide selection. The staff went out of their way to make everything perfect. The Island and facilities were cleaned every day. We are planning on going again next year when the Dive Shop will be open.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hotel. Did not need a pool with the beautiful blue waters.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobby M

Been to Graham's Place? Share your experiences!