“What an amazing place”
Review of Maya Key

Maya Key
Ranked #7 of 74 things to do in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: 11.5 acre private island conveniently located just three minutes across the bay from the Roatan cruise pier and 15 minutes away from Mahogany Bay Cruise Pier. This pristine island features two secluded beaches, excellent snorkeling from a scenic pier, a 70,000 gallon swimming pool, 5,000 square foot lounge deck, lush garden paths bursting with indigenous flora and most recently an animal rescue center, artisan plaza and Roatan's finest cultural attraction, The Bay Island's Interpretation Center and Ethnic Honduran Art Exhibit Center.
Dallas, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“What an amazing place”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We arrived on Maya Key on June 18 to a downpour of rain, which only added to it's charm. This place is amazing...so much to do. My daughter and I signed up for the sea lion encounter and had a blast with Ting...what a big sweetheart :) After that we decided to snorkel and Omar, gladly took us out. The water is crystal clear and reef is stunning. I had a small panic attack (totally my fault) and I ended up cutting my leg on some of the coral. Omar was amazing...he swam me back to shore and immediately doctored my leg. It ended up being fine and I got back in the water later...he took a friend of mine and my daughter back out a little while later and they had a blast. The place is gorgeous. The food was excellent...loed the rice!! Plenty to see and do...I would definitely go back...and the staff is amazing...so friendly and helpful!

Visited June 2014

Flint, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“i have a question.. has anyone out there been to BOTH little french key AND finns and flippers?”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am trying to see which place would be better to go to. finns and flippers or little French key. they both sound great, but I doubt I will be able to afford another cruise so I want to go to the best place. thanks : )

Visited June 2014
10 Thank Sarah B
Roland, Arkansas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Maya Key Roatan - great snorkeling.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is called Fins 'n Flippers but I know it as Maya Key Roatan. Our group of five visited here while cruising on the Carnival Magic in May of 2014. We booked this excursion through the cruise ship. Once off of the cruise ship we got on another boat and were taken to a private island. We went here mainly because of the reviews I had read about the snorkeling. The snorkeling is fantastic. We took our own snorkel gear but it can be rented here. You walk out on a long wooden pier to get to the snorkel site. Once in the water you follow a marked path to get to the coral. The coral and colorful fish are amazing and abundant. There is also a beach and pool. There is a buffet for lunch. The food was good. Everyone loved the fried banana chips! There are many caged animals to look at and some artifacts to view also. This is much more than just a beach break. We had a great time and I would go back just for the snorkeling.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Terry L
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“sales man is the rudest guy ive ever met”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I would not recommend this shop to anyone based on the customer service and treatment i received on the phone when i called for an enquiry.

usually i do not write reviews but this guy literally made my blood boil.
i wish this shop no success at all. i think their attitude stinks and i wouldn't give them a penny of mine.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank harry h
Duncan, OK
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling EVER!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went to Maya Key thru a Carnival Cruise excursion in mid-January, mostly because we had heard that the snorkeling here was very good. We were not disappointed! When you arrive on the island (about a 10 minute boat ride from the Carnival port) you walk up the path to the main building where you are given a quick briefing of all the island has to offer. There are nature trails, various animals, sharks, sea lions (not a show - just to view), the beach, locker rooms, etc. We made our way to the beach first. There is a long dock, and a gazebo type thing built at the end where you can sit and put your flippers & masks on. You climb a short ladder into the water, and follow the floating water bottles to guide you through the reef. The reef is endless! It was absolutely stunning. It was the first place we had ever snorkeled where it was 100% reef, and there 100's of fish in all shapes, colors and sizes. We just couldn't get enough. But, we did get out eventually to eat lunch, which was excellent BBQ chicken, fried fish, and salad. The homemade tartar sauce was excellent! Very good lunch! Then, my husband swam with the sharks (for an extra fee of $30 - cheap!) They have them in a pen, similar to what you would find dolphins in, if you have ever done a dolphin swim. He took video, and got some amazing pictures. They are nurse sharks, which are not aggressive sharks. We walked around & looked at the animals they had on the island, and then we took one more short snorkel before it began heavily raining. The water was very nice and warm in January, but we have to admit, the weather was mostly rainy this time of year at every port our ship visited. However, do not hesitate to try Maya Key. It was well worth the money!

Visited January 2014