“Zip line - Great time”

Pirates of the Caribbean Canopy Tour
Ranked #34 of 219 Tours in Roatan
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Tried zip-lining for the first time last week at Pirates of the Caribbean in Roatan, Honduras. Our guides, Charlie and Iran were great. They were understanding and helpful, and we had a lot of fun. The experience was everything I expected it to be. My wife and I did 8 zip lines. The first was the longest (over 1000' long) and the highest and they progressively get shorter and lower to the ground. Running off the edge that first time is a trip. If you get stuck near the end (like me) they just come and get you and bring you the rest of the way. On the last two, you land on a small platform in a tree house. They take some pictures of you on a couple of lines and you can buy them later for fifty dollars for a CD (about 10 pictures). The whole thing took about 45 minutes because it was just the two of us. The cost was very reasonable ...65.00 each and that's with transportation from the port, where our cruise ship was. AND ABOVE ALL, I FELT VERY SAFE.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This tour is an absolute MUST DO when visiting Roatan. The guides were nothing but spectacular. The view from the top of the mountain...breathtaking. Not nearly as breathtaking as zipping over 200 feet above the canopy! I'll make this short and sweet. YOU HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THIS !!!! Can't wait to go back and do it again !

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We signed up for the zip and dip. The zip lines were fun, exciting and the scenery was absolutely beautiful! The zip line staff (I think there was at least 7 staff members which made for an organized efficient experience) was very professional and personable. They had an additional staff member taking photos, which was nice and they sold all of the photos on a disc for a reasonable price-loved that! Something that was particularly neat was the monkey they have on the property. They allowed us to (safely) take photos with the monkey which was extremely memorable for our group.. To put the icing on the cake was the 'dip' portion of the zip and dip. After zip lining, we were taken to a beautiful first class resort to enjoy the afternoon. The resort had a gorgeous beach with a variety of water toy rentals (we rented a paddle board), a fantastic bar on the beach where the drinks (I had a coco loco that was served in an actual coconut) were cheap and the food yummy (we had a HUGE platter that served 8 and included lobster, fish, chicken, fries....). Our driver, Marvin, was a super cool guy who really went above and beyond for us. This was a perfect day!! Thanks to everyone at Pirates for making such amazing memories for our family and friends.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

If you are in Roatan and need a break from diving or are just looking to cross this off your list, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you visit this Zip line. As a woman in her early 50's with a massive fear of heights I have done this TWICE and loved it each time! While I have absolute confidence in all the great guides, I recommend Ty! He will work with you so that you understand the safety precautions involved, take it at your pace, and provide an outstanding adventure for you! He also takes great pictures of you while on the zip line so you can brag when you get home! I did it this year for a second time with my 13 year old nephew and I know he had the time of his life, too!
You will regret it if you miss this opportunity!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We heard from cruise mates that Pirates of the Caribbean was "the one" for height AND safety on the "extreme" course. For us that last was because there are no suspension bridges to negotiate. Dwayne and Matt were efficient and friendly and funny and instructed us well. We had a grand time soaring and are having fun bragging about it at our "advanced" ages (74 and 80). Would do it again.