“Very personalized Dive Shop with great Divemaster: Diver ratio”
Review of Subway Watersports

Subway Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are PADI 5 Star Dive Center and Green Star Award Winner located on the north side of Roatan, Honduras, at Turquoise Bay Resort catering to multiple hotels, vacation rental homes and cruise ship visitors. We offer scuba diving and lessons, snorkeling, kayaking and other water sports as weekly packages or day excursions. Enjoy diving or snorkeling on our private dive sites. Only a short boat ride away you find amazing dive/snorkel sites with drop offs, canyons, swim throughs and the Caribbean's biggest variety of coral and sponges. PADI Divemasters guide all dives. Enjoy valet diving and the best personal attention and customer service you deserve!
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities
Berlin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very personalized Dive Shop with great Divemaster: Diver ratio”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I did 7 dives with Subway Watersports in April 2012 while staying at the Palmetto Bay Plantation. I had a really good experience diving with them.

The nicest thing about the dive shop is that you are almost guaranteed to be in a small group, because the only people who tend to dive with them are guests of Palmetto Bay (which is a pretty small complex) and the divemasters-in-training that are affiliated with the shop. Subway seems to have a very well-respected divemaster training program, and actually it is really nice having all these serious divers around to take care of you. Out of 7 dives, I never dove in a group larger than 3 of us with one divemaster.
The other nice thing is that there are about 50 great dive sites within a 5 minute boatride of the shop, allowing for surface intervals back on land and being able to complete 2 dives by noon (and having the rest of the day for other activities).
The team is very nice, go beyond the call of duty to solve any issues that arise,and make it easy to have a good time.
The only negative I'd point out is that it seems to be a few bucks per dive more expensive than diving with one of the shops in the more crowded West End. I'd say it is certainly worth the extra few dollars to have such an intimate dive experience and to be able to dive at dive sites where you will definitely be the only divers there all day.

2 Thank SanDiegoCamper

Orlando, Florida
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Good crew, average dive”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We booked this 2-tank morning dive online on the advice of fellow divers that had been to Roatan before. They stoked our interest with great experiences they've shared with Subway Watersports and the unique coral reef. Maybe it was the fact that we had only one day to explore whereas they spent an entire week, we had an average dive.Visibility and water temp. were great. Max, our boat captain, Edwin, our divemaster, and Tommy, our divemaster in training were very capable and knowledgeable. We felt the dives were average because we're used to some kind of challenge such as swim throughs, tunnels, wrecks, or large sea life. Tommy was always there with identification cards when we spotted something new. We liked the fact that they had dunk tanks and showers onshore to clean all of our equipment as we were on a cruise ship. Turquoise Bay and the island of Roatan are beautiful. I could see us spending a week here diving including the outer islands. I know what we're looking for is here. We just didn't find it this time around.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank weareadventure
Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Biggi diving in roatan”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Thank you so much for two weeks scuba diving under best conditions by crew. Everybody was helpful and friendly and all gear were in very good conditions. In 25 years diving I stayed with very different dive shops - and this is one of the best.

1 Thank Birgit W
Calgary
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing adventure!”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was truly an amazing experience! The staff at Subway Watersports were so helpful and kind, it made my first diving experience one that I will never forget and has cemented a new love - DIVING!

My first support was Kimberlie- diveshop manager. She was incredible by listening to my concerns as a new diver and paired me up with the best Dive Master.

I cannot say enough about my Dive Master, Edwen. He understood my nervousness and because of his patience and ability to make a person feel at ease, he guided me through the underwater world! He made all my dives more fabulous by improving my skills each time and sparked the excitement even more by pointing out the most amazing sights!

Subway Watersports can boast about their fabulously professional staff (thank you to Edwen, John,Mark, Mikey, JT and Kim), the equipment which was top notch and well maintained, to their fleet which was comfortable!

I look forward to a return visit - where I can once again dive with the best!

1 Thank Trena J
Naples, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving in Roatan”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just returned from a week in Roatan completing my PADI rescue diver course with Subway. In July 2011 I got my open water certification there too! It was my instructor, Irma's, last certification at the Turquiose Bay location and I was her first customer at the Palmetto Bay location as she and Joe are now the dive shop managers at Palmetto Bay. Congratulations to them both! Thank you to all the staff and Divemaster interns at both locations for a great trip. Happy diving:)

1 Thank RoatanBound2