“Fun Adventure in Roatan”

Jungle Top Zipline Adventure
Ranked #10 of 169 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
Pearland, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun Adventure in Roatan”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We recently spent 10 wonderful days in Roatan scuba diving and indulging in exploration of the island. One of the days was spent wandering around (with a hired guide) checking out sites and attractions. The funnest portion of the excursion was Jungle Top Zip Line. We had never done any zip lines in the past and wanted to try something new, so we made some inquiries and ended up at Jungle Top.

Their location is a bit hidden - behind some homes along the main street just down from the cruise pier. When we arrived, we weren't even sure we were at a legitimate business until we saw the "office" sign. It was really just a building with the words "office" on the door. We were met by a very pleasant you man - William - who directed us to his colleague of whom I don't remember the name to see the monkeys and other animals that they keep as a side attraction. I have to say that the monkeys are cute and fun and that their digs are adequate. However, it's not a zoo, but just a group of cages and pens. I was a bit disturbed by the looks of things but the animals seemed cared for so that made me feel better.

Once we had our fill of the animals we began our journey up the hill to ride the zip line. They loaded us in the back of an old beat up pickup truck and drove us up a steep hill to a landing just below where the zip lines started. I'll say that if I had to walk up that hill, I probably would have not gone so it's a good thing that they drive you up. Just the drive up was an adventure!

Once at the top, WIlliam showed us how the equipment worked and then encouraged us to have fun with the zip line - repeatedly trying to get us to do "tricks" like going down the line upside-down. He is young and I am not so, the stuff he was doing looked fun but not something for my aging body.

It took us a good 40 minutes to ride down all the lines. William and his colleague took pictures and video of us with our camera throughout the time we were there. He made the whole thing fun and I will say that on a couple of the lines I did end up upside-down. If you go, you should try it.

All in all, because of WIlliam the zip lines were very fun. If you've never rode zip lines, give it a try. Very safe and these guys were excellent hosts, always ensuring our safety and repeating safety instructions at nearly every platform.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank VallartaGuy

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“awesom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were with a cruise. We wanted to find our way around the island on our own. We went off the cruise line home & shopping site. We found Risky who took us around the island. He took us to Jungle Top Zipline adventures. We weren't real sure at first but a group of 7 of us decided to try it. What a blast. We had a great time and the guys helping us were terrific. So much fun. I am glad I went ziplining with these great guys.

Minneapolis, MN, USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“could not have been better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Thank you William nd Orny. You took such good care of us, we so fun and just made our day! Thank you too for all the nice photos you took for us.

Visited February 2014
Manchester, Iowa
“Awesome Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We booked this excursion off of our cruise line so I always am a little concerned until we get there and get going but there was nothing to worry about here. They met us at the port and took us out to the zip line and we had a blast from there. My sister had zip lined before and she said this was way safer than what they had done. We had JB and Peter and they were awesome. We couldn't have asked for better guides. The views were unbelievable. It started down pouring after our zip lining so we didn't get to go to the beach but got a tour of parts of the island instead which was still awesome although we would have loved enjoy the beautiful beaches.

Niceville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Zipline We've Done!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had a fantastic time with our families...4 adults and 4 kids ranging in age from 11 to 50. Our guides, Erny, Ivan, and Tevin, were simply outstanding. Great views and felt extremely safe (can't say the same about our zipline trips we've had in Roatan).